Official Honeycomb on Nook Colour?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Now that we know that Honeycomb works on the Nook Colour (and well) does anyone here think Barnes and Nobles will push an update for Honeycomb? It would seem pretty smart to me, they can market the device the same but with tablet functionality.

Sent from my Nexus S

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the Nook Color will ever be officially setup as a full blown tablet. Barnes & Noble wants to keep full control of the device which is why they are planning to have their own app store at some point in the next few months. I think we'll see an official Froyo build, but after that who knows.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Since Barnes and Noble is essentially selling the Nook Color as a loss leader to get us to buy digital content I doubt full tablet functionality will ever come. They really don't people having the full Android Market because then the Kindle App is readily available. I put the Kindle App on my NC but only because of the content I had already purchased. I'm meeting Barnes and Noble half way by buying new books through the Nook App. That way they get some of their loss back but I still get the material I already paid for.

Reactions: crywolf314

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress