Tab S9 Ultra TPU Cover Suggestions

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tab S9 Ultra Keyboard Bookcover case. It is great when I use my Tab like a computer, which is often.

The Bookcover is not so great when on the go and using the tab on my lab. The Bookcover stand just doesn't work on a lap and the magnets holding the keyboard to the tablet are too weak. Tablet often separates and may even fall to the ground.

I want a soft cover that can also hold screen up for viewing. No keyboard needed.

I have read reviews in Amazon saying that many of these TPU covers have magnets for closure the mess up the screen, especially when using s-pen.

Does anyone have a TPU type cover for Tab S9 Ultra that works well? Please keep in mind that maufacturers of Tab S9 plus covers often don't make covers for the Ultra so this appeal is for Ultra owners.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thread over on XDA. He modified a case to work with the keyboard cover.

Thanks! I appreciate your help.

That guy is handy! Sadly, I am not.

I'd really rather take off my keyboard case in its entirety and put on an inexpensive TPU case to save weight and add protection when I am out and about. Putting the TPU case over the bookcover keyboard case adds weight which is the last thing I wish to do. I will use the keyboard case when working on my desk.

So I need a soft protective case, hopefully lightweight and inexpensive, that doesn't interfere with using s-pen on the corners of its screen. Nobody could know unless they have a particular TPU case and use it.

Great idea though! Some people are very creative.

Reactions: Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Thanks! I appreciate your help.

That guy is handy! Sadly, I am not.

I'd really rather take off my keyboard case in its entirety and put on an inexpensive TPU case to save weight and add protection when I am out and about. Putting the TPU case over the bookcover keyboard case adds weight which is the last thing I wish to do. I will use the keyboard case when working on my desk.

So I need a soft protective case, hopefully lightweight and inexpensive, that doesn't interfere with using s-pen on the corners of its screen. Nobody could know unless they have a particular TPU case and use it.

Great idea though! Some people are very creative.
You're welcome. I thought about doing it, but I already have the book cover case. If I need to use a keyboard, I use my desktop BT keyboard (it allows me to have up to three devices paired). When I am traveling, I take the keyboard part of my old Tab S7 keyboard book cover. I pop off the front cover and pop on the keyboard. I rarely carry my tablet without it being in a backpack.

My BT keyboard is the Logitech MX Keys. My mouse is the Logitech 720 Triathlon. Both allow me to connect up to three devices. I just switch between them as necessary.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same setup! I have a logitech two device mouse and logitech 3 device keyboard. I can use them in combo with my new tpu case once I find one that folks have had good luck with. I hate returning things when they don't work well so I end up with a junk collection of unused or seldom used devices. I do prefer my current Samsung cookcover case with keyboard when working on my desk. When I use the ultra as a second screen the tpu case will be find as long as its landscape view support works well.

So fee members have the ultra I may not get any responses from folks familiar with a good tpu case.

Reactions: Village_Idiot