How is honeycomb?

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it a daily driver yet?

Not even close. Once the official version gets released and the community gets a chance to sink their teeth into it, it should be a nice upgrade for the NC but until then the emulator version has way too many issues to be a daily driver.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
For some things... the rooted version seems like a modified nook color system... think in terms of a regular nook color with the market available.

Unfotunately i can't figure out b and n functionality... (unable to get books to download... etc.) but considering the development going on its going to get much better sooner rather then later.

Sent from my rooted nook color honeycomb.

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Even nookie isn't a solid daily driver yet, it feels like a clunky slow hack. Best bet is root the stock and get market on it.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I think it is a daily driver minus working flash, V4 @ 1100Ghz is the best yet, it is a bit slow but mostly stable. I plan to continue using it daily from now on. with an occasional return to the stock ROM. I want flash and wish it was a bit more snappy but I consider this the ultimate for the Nook Color having no physical buttons. HoneyNook is the future!

flipper2010

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my nook on Thursday and I tried Nookie Froyo first, but it was fast in one way (off the sd card) but a bit laggy.. AND i hated soft keys.. In HC you have your soft keys built in because it was designed that way.

Not many issues so far. Certain apps for whatever reason dont load but the majority works well.

Weatherbug Elite is one example that doesnt work.

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Honeycomb (internal) as my daily. Works smooth as can be.

Does that mean you're able to play YouTube vids, either in the app or in the browser? Many things seem to work fine, but without Flash and YouTube, it'd be hard to use this as a "daily". I may be missing something, but I haven't seen any solution to this yet.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I Love mine. I've used it for a few days now SDcard at first now Internal. Youtube I use. No flash but knew that going into this. I get my mail, internet browser, gallery3D now, and a lot of others. If I find an app that does not work I find another that does the same thing that doesn't crash. It gets the job done. On the SDcard side I had purchased apps that would not even show up in Market let alone install and with internal they are there. No Angry Birds but the seasonal one shows up, go figure. Yes some apps are hit n miss.

Over all I love it and has been fun to get going and configure.

Remember, for the most part the app community thinks that HoneyComb (the real OS not this preview/emulator) has not been released yet and in my experience they sometimes lag behind to get compatible with their code. So to have as many apps functioning at all is great!

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If nothing else, this thread proves that people have very different definitions of what's a suitable daily driver.

The good thing is for both Nookie Froyo and Honeycomb, you can install to a memory card to give the OS a test run without interfering with your existing installation. Much props to the developer community for allowing us to do that--it saves so much time versus having to completely backup and install from scratch.

Fortneja

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I would say the HC v4 is a neat thing to show your friends, but not at all ready for DD. I booted it of the SD card, and it ran silky smooth, wowed all my friends... and that's about it. I'm using the rooted stock build with the Marketplace installed, and that's great for me until HC is fully released. Once that gets out there, HC will be the way to go, hands down.