Question Does anyone know what VTrust app in admin?

annageebee

May 4, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone know what this app is? How do you uninstall this? I can't see it in installed apps. I don't believe this is a default app from Vivo V27 as my partner has the same exact model but doesn't have this app. Thank you!1000009354.jpg1000009352.jpg

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't speak Indonesian, but this is what I found in Play Store.

I got a translation from Google Translate.

Vtrust merupakan wadah pengembangan diri.

Vtrust merupakan wadah pengembangan diri yang berfokus pada seni membangun jaringan secara profesional, jangka panjang dan menghasilkan, karena sesungguhnya latar belakang tidak menjamin kesuksesan. Kami dapat membantu menuntun Anda membangun bisnis dengan benar.Screenshot_20240503_230224_Translate.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like some kind of app that would be on a device that is managed by work. Do you use this phone for work? Or did you get it used (in which case the seller might have been using this as a work phone, or had obtained a company's phone and was trying to sell it) (which could be shady)?

annageebee

May 4, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like some kind of app that would be on a device that is managed by work. Do you use this phone for work? Or did you get it used (in which case the seller might have been using this as a work phone, or had obtained a company's phone and was trying to sell it) (which could be shady)?
Hi thank you. I got the phone from Vivo store brand new last year. I never used it for work. I remember installing a modded game which was a bad decision, but I uninstalled right away thinking that it was risky. Bitdefender didn't detect the installed app as a threat though. I'm worried this could be a virus or some malicious program. I can't seem to find any information about this app with this specific logo anywhere.

annageebee

May 4, 2024
Visit site
I don't speak Indonesian, but this is what I found in Play Store.

I got a translation from Google Translate.

Vtrust merupakan wadah pengembangan diri.

Vtrust merupakan wadah pengembangan diri yang berfokus pada seni membangun jaringan secara profesional, jangka panjang dan menghasilkan, karena sesungguhnya latar belakang tidak menjamin kesuksesan. Kami dapat membantu menuntun Anda membangun bisnis dengan benar.View attachment 362208
Thank you for this input. I will look further into this. I'm hoping I could find a way to uninstall the app or I will resort to resetting my phone which is a bit of pain. I appreciate your help!

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Just offhand but I'm going to suggest you avoid interacting with this 'VTrust' app. It does not appear to be a typical app or service that is commonly included in a base Android install but rather a third-party utility added by Vivo or your chosen carrier. The fact that it's requesting you to enable its oversight is a telling sign it's not a preinstalled, vital service but rather just some kind of bloatware that may or may not actually be useful for you (.... with a chance that it might also include some kind data mining background service. Your phone already has lock screen options and its internal storage is by default already encrypted.)

As for not seeing the app in your Settings >> Apps management menu, perhaps you just need to enable an otherwise hidden 'show system apps' option. Is there an icon in the upper or lower menu bar when you're viewing the Apps menu? It could be a three vertical dots icon or three horizontal lines icon or something similar (this will vary depending on the phone's manufacturer and/or Android version).
Anyway, if it is a preinstalled app, as you're already aware of, you won't be able to readily Uninstall it, but if possible you might be able to at least Disable it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the AI-generated summary when I Googled "Vivo V-Trust":

"Vivo V-Trust is a program for the Vivo Y12s that sends notifications and locks the phone if the monthly service fee is not paid. However, the SIM card is not locked, so the phone can be used on any network. V-Trust only controls the phone's ability to lock if the monthly service fee is not paid"

As smvim mentioned above, it sounds legit, but is only used when the phone is obtained through a payment plan. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inventorBlack