Installing Keyboard

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I bought Thumb Keyboard while I was using Phiremod 4.1, but after struggling too much with the wifi, I went back to stock root (and it's great!). I'm having problems installing TK now, though. Any help?

Tedcas

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you use 'Nook Color Tools' to select the keyboard? When I installed the Thumb Keyboard (which I love) from the market, all looked well, and I could select the correct options, but it wouldn't ever show, just the stock keyboard remained. I installed the 'Tools' app, and after selecting the Thumb keyboard, it showed immediately.

TuxHacker

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You will need to copy apk to system\app. You will have to use Root Explorer to copy and change the permission. Once you copy go back to Nook Color Tool to select the keyboard you just copied. If you don't see it just reboot then it will show up. :)

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how to do it. When updates come you must again copy from data/app to system/app after mounting system/app as read/write. Then reselect it in nook color tools.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a symbolic link would work:

1. Install a terminal app if you don't already have one.
2. In the terminal, issue the following commands:
su
ln -s /data/app/<appname> /system/app/<appname>

This would save having to move any updates which occur in the future.

macdaddycjs

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thumb Keyboard installation Help!!!

I also just bought thumb keyboard for my nook color. I have been trying to install it for 3 days now. I bought root explorer as well. Installed both nc installers and it shows up in apps but I can not select it in nook color tools, I tried the whole copy to the app, and either I don't understand, I did something wrong, please help!!!

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same board.... .apk moved to system\app

no go...

Guess I need a short and sweet install for dummies....

Lego

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Whoops.

Switched to Phiremod v5.1. Used same method for Thumb Keyboard. FCs everytime now...

(Aaaaand that's what I get for not being satisfied...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38