Froyo update in april?

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what HSN is, but they also claim the retail value is over $500 and they're charging $299 "on sale", so I'm not sure how much I trust their claim that they'll be receiving an update before anyone else.

only one haze

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what HSN is, but they also claim the retail value is over $500 and they're charging $299 "on sale", so I'm not sure how much I trust their claim that they'll be receiving an update before anyone else.

it also includes a microSD card with 100 ebooks, thats why the price is listed the way it is. and HSN is Home Shopping Network.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming the extra "value" comes from the included microSD card with 100 free ebooks. I'm guessing the ebooks are the top 100 books available at project Gutenberg...

captgb65

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
HSN (Home Shopping Network) will be airing shows throughout the day on Saturday March 26th pitching the "New" Nook Color and enhanced capabilities

Auora

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, this was posted on the nook facebook page about four hours ago:
Nook said:
You asked, we listened. This spring, use your NOOK Color to send e-mail and explore popular apps like Angry Birds, Drawing Pad, Lonely Planet Phrasebooks, and Wine PhD. Stay tuned here for news about these exciting new features and when the firmware update will be ready. (P.S. Yes! We said Angry Birds!) What apps would you love to see on your NOOK Color?

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this is going to mean for those of us on various rooted versions of the Stock rom?
I rooted after the 1.1 update using autonooter 3.
I guess it's impossible to say at this point whether the update will be pushed, and exactly what it will do, but is it likely going to remove root access (and all the apps, customization, and tablet-goodness that came with it)? Do we know if renaming OTACERTS.ZIP will keep us safe?
I can't wait to get Froyo and flash in a stable ROM, but not at the expense of everything else.

hbmindy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thats what the b&n nook person said

I have been thinking about a nook to root and play with and was checking them out at bn the other day. She mentioned the update coming with a market and that it would be pushed to all nooks, without asking permission. She also said it would "unroot" it and put everything back to stock. She also warned of grave damage and voiding of warranty... blah blah blah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez