Trying to install CM7 & cant move zips to SDcard

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the nook scene and I'm trying to install CM7. I am following the instructions from this thread -- [HOW-TO] Install CM7 (Gingerbread) to Internal Memory (eMMC) (BLUETOOTH!) - Android Forums

The problem I am having is the following: I downloaded and unzipped the clockwork img file and dd'ed it to my sdcard (I am on a Mac). Then I try to move the CM7, Gapps and Dalingrin zips onto the sdcard but it won't let me. I checked the sdcard and it says it's READ ONLY. I checked to make sure the sdcard lock wasn't on, and it wasn't.

How do i set the sdcard to read/write permissions??

Thanks

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dealt with the Mac side of all of this, but is it possible you have to unmount the card before you push the stuff through?

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Possibly, but after unmounting the card, how would I push the zips over?

Also I checked the card and there are 3 or 4 weird files on it (only 3MB total... but the image file is 7.55GB on my computer). Did I do something wrong? I'm trying to format the card and start over but the Nook says "format failed" when I try it in Device Info and I also tried formatting it using my digital camera... no luck. It says it's write protected..

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I also tried moving the files to the SD card when it was mounted on the Nook. It looked like they moved over, but there was nothing to flash.

I put the card in my Evo and did the transfer and it worked. Maybe there is something funky with the stock rooted Nook and cards?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress