How to upgrade my CM7 (RC4) on EMMC to the latest nightly build

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

What is the easiest way to upgrade my nook color to the latest CM7 nightly version? I am currently running RC4 from the EMMC and it's running very smoothly. However, with the recent news that the tablet tweaks mod is being merged with the latest upcoming nightly (tonight, hopefully?), I want to upgrade but I have no idea how to do it.

Do I just update it inside ROM Manager? Or do I need to boot into recovery from the SDcard and install it from zip file? Will I lose all my apps and data when I upgrade?

Please help

Thanks!

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just use the sd card I started with and add the nightly to it, reboot and install it.

You shouldn't lose your apps unless you wipe. A Ti Backup wouldn't hurt though.

I do think you can now use Rom Manager though.

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the problem is that I had to format my SDcard for something else, so I'd rather not re-burn and copy everything to it again if I dont have to. Any potential issues with using the Rom Manager method?

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't find the thread that mentioned installing with Rom Manager. I found another one that says it's possible with the Pro version but is buggy for CM7 nightlys

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I find it easiest just to download the zip, reboot into Recovery Mode, do a ROM backup, then flash using the nightly zip.

bravebull

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I always do these ROM updates by placing the new update zip file into the root of my sd card and then going into ROM manager and hitting "Reboot into Recovery". Once into recovery, choose install zip, then "choose zip" and thats it. All my apps are still there. You only have to do the wipes when coming from a different build.

Reactions: TuxHacker

TuxHacker

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I always do these ROM updates by placing the new update zip file into the root of my sd card and then going into ROM manager and hitting "Reboot into Recovery". Once into recovery, choose install zip, then "choose zip" and thats it. All my apps are still there. You only have to do the wipes when coming from a different build.

I just updated mine to 37 and worked fine. :)

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
When I try to reboot into recovery, it just reboots normally right back into CM7. I tried tapping "reboot into recovery" from Rom Manager and from the standard power down menu. What am I doing wrong?

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Same here. Have clockwork recovery installed via Rom Manager and my NC just reboots normally. Does not matter if I try to get to recovery through holding the power button or through Rom Manager.

bravebull

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You have to go through ROM manager. I believe using the power button doesn't work. I flashed clockwork recovery through ROM manager and then whenever I update the build, I just use ROM manager to boot into recovery

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little unsure of myself. I think I read too much info. I want to flash CM7 RC 4. I have rooted Stock (auto nooter). I have rom manager and CWR 3.0.1.0. I am able to reboot into recover from Rom manager. Does this mean it is safe to then wipe data and install CM7 from the sd card? I only have 2 SD cards available. One is a 2gb card that has an image burned to it that will recover my nook to unrooted stock if I ever bork it up again (which I did once already). It was so bad that it would not turn on without an SD card. I refuse to erase this card. It is my backup lifeline :)

So my other card is the one with my titanium backups and nandroid backups. I would prefer not to load CM7 from an sd image first if CWR will work. I've just read about issues doing this straight from CWR instead of the SD image. I don't understand all the lingo/problems so I can't really explain what I am afraid of. I just want to know if I can install it straight from where I'm at.

Update: I just tried to do a nandroid backup and it says:
Backing up boot...
Backing up system...
Can't mount /system!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty