nook color stuck on Android screen! Help please!

coolkev@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I rooted with Win32DiskImager and auto nooter on my nook color running update 1.1 without a single issue thanks to the excellent instructions I found here! ;)

However, when I attempted the same thing with my wife's nc running 1.2 I have had nothing but problems. After erasing the sd card, trying a different sd card and eventually trying the 8X reboot option I'm stuck. What was happening before I did the 8X reboot option was when the nc would boot and it "draws" the Android with the word "ANDROID" under it, it would get all the way through, the fancy "rays of light" background would appear behind the Android then the screen would go blank and it would start redrawing the whole thing but never get as far as redrawing the word "Android" under the graphic.

The weird thing is now when you start up it still shows the Android and pressing the "n" key after it's booted shows the "Complete action 'Home' or 'Soft Key' " as well as when you plug it in to charge it doesn't show the percentage of charge left. However, when you go into "Extras" everything looks like a stock n.c.

Any advise on how to get this rooted properly would be appreciated. ;)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to upgrade to, Honeycomb? I'm running it off a Transcend 8GB Class 6 card on an updated Nook Color with no major issues. That's because it is booting from the card. There is really no need to trash the stock configuration when it will run fine off a decent speed card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa