Battery draining fast and charging slow (HTC One) - suggestions?

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
So the past few days I've been having a few problems with my phone. I usually charge it every night while I'm sleeping, but a few days ago I woke up and saw it was charged to like 70%. I assumed that the charger just didn't have good contact with the port. During the day I didn't notice anything unusual in terms of battery life. The next morning I found my phone charged to like 50%. I downloaded a battery monitor app to see what's going on. Turns out the rate of charging is reeeeally slow, about 150mA which is like 6%/h. Then I realised that the battery started draining really fast for no apparent to me reason. (It has gone down 7% since I started writing this)
I must say that a few days before I also had a problem during phone calls. I couldn't hear the caller and vice versa, even though the microphone and speakers work perfectly in every other function. I did a bit of googling and found a solution. I put the phone in safe mode and then when I switched it on again in normal mode it worked fine. I read it might have been an app causing the problem but I don't think I downloaded any new apps recently.
So what should I do? Do you think these two problems are related? Is it an app causing the problem or is it just my battery that went bad? I've only had my phone for 6 months. For the last 3 months I haven't been using the original USB cable that came with it for charging, I don't know if that makes any difference. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So the past few days I've been having a few problems with my phone. I usually charge it every night while I'm sleeping, but a few days ago I woke up and saw it was charged to like 70%. I assumed that the charger just didn't have good contact with the port. During the day I didn't notice anything unusual in terms of battery life. The next morning I found my phone charged to like 50%. I downloaded a battery monitor app to see what's going on. Turns out the rate of charging is reeeeally slow, about 150mA which is like 6%/h. Then I realised that the battery started draining really fast for no apparent to me reason. (It has gone down 7% since I started writing this)
I must say that a few days before I also had a problem during phone calls. I couldn't hear the caller and vice versa, even though the microphone and speakers work perfectly in every other function. I did a bit of googling and found a solution. I put the phone in safe mode and then when I switched it on again in normal mode it worked fine. I read it might have been an app causing the problem but I don't think I downloaded any new apps recently.
So what should I do? Do you think these two problems are related? Is it an app causing the problem or is it just my battery that went bad? I've only had my phone for 6 months. For the last 3 months I haven't been using the original USB cable that came with it for charging, I don't know if that makes any difference. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forums! I think it could be related to an app draining the battery. Either by creating a wake-lock (preventing the device from "sleeping") or aggressively running in the background and/or syncing. I would see what is running through the system settings first. If you can't identify the issue, backup your data then perform a factory reset. Take the time to setup the device but don't install any apps. See how that goes. If it's fixed, then slowly install the apps you previously had and try to pinpoint the issue if it returns.

Good luck!