Galaxy S4 battery issues and shutdowns probably due to the battery, should I buy a new battery?

A

AC Question

Galaxy s4 battery issues and shutdowns probably due to the battery

Hello,
After upgrading my s4 to lollipop, my battery life got worse (but I expected that, so that's no point). But another issue appeared: often, when the airplane mode is disabled and when I got a mobile data connection, my phone will shut down when it's battery level is below 30% (at least he thinks so).
After starting it up again, I can either continue to use it with airplane mode enabled OR the phone will say it got between 0 and 5% and shut down again.
After reading some information on this forum, I tried the battery status 'app'
I pressed "quick start" a few times:
1st time, battery level went from 30 to 20%
2nd time, remained at 20%
Then I plugged my phone in, battery level jumped to 54%
I charged it up to 100%
Unplugged and pressed quick start again, battery level went from 100 to 91%
I charged it up to 100% again and pressed quick start again, it went to 98%
I thought that that was not too strange so I recharged it and put it in my pocked.
I have no idea if what I have done is bad but it seems to work, it has been in my pocked for 40min and with a screen on time of approximately 3min, Wi-Fi was turned on and airplane mode disabled and its still on 100%. Usually it would have drained to 97-98%

In another thread someone said that if there is a difference between the battery level before and after the quick start, the phones battery is bad.
So, should I buy a new battery?
Thanks in advance,
Inse van houts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa