My battery appears to be damaged. Can this be fixed or do I need a new phone?

Linda135

Oct 18, 2022
Visit site
I dropped my 3 year old Galaxy S8 Active. The battery was charged to 100%. Went blank and turned off. As long as the phone is plugged in, after about 5 minutes it shows 100% again. Have gotten as far as the lock screen, but then turns off again, coming back at 0%. If not plugged in phone is dead.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The battery 'could' possibly be damaged but it's much more likely the phone itself is the problem -- i.e. the fall was bad enough to crack the logic board or some internal component was dislodged. Just dropping a phone will typically just result in cosmetic damage, not a complete failure. Are there more revealing details you're leaving out?
You should take your phone into a trusted local phone servicing shop and get an estimate on repairing your S8 Active. That's apparently a seven year old model so you should weigh your options. If it turns out to e quick fix it might be worth having it done. If it's a more time intensive and parts required repair, it might not be worth trying to restore such a dated phone. In that case, it's time to start shopping around for a new replacement. (.... and possibly a case. They tend to absorb a lot of little bumps and such. Cheaper to replace a case than a phone.)
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_active-8676.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej