Battery drainage in flight mode (I know its not a new subject!) is this normal?

A

AC Question

Battery drainage in flight mode (I know its not a new subject!)

Hi guys,
I am new here and I am aware that this issue has been discussed unlimited times. But hope with my details you can help me a bit more.
E.g. last night at around 8pm I put my S4 in flight mode and left Wi-Fi and Data usage and GPS on, thinking it shouldn’t matter since I put it in flight mode. This morning my battery lost 30% of battery. When I go to Battery History- use since last charge, it says, mobile network signal was off since flight mode but Wi-Fi was on the entire time, also awake although screen was off.

In Advanced connection I ticked the box keep Wi-Fi on during sleep but it shouldn’t matter when in flight mode, yes? Wi-Fi shouldn’t be on during flight mode, no matter if I manually turn it off or not? Since ages I tried numerous options but battery drainage is always same.
Hope you can help, the other option of course is to keep it on charger during night or just turning it off.
Btw I do have greenify since few days but it seems useless. I do think I configured it properly but when I click hibernate it says “no apps need to hibernate”. I am using automated hibernation in Non-Root.

Thanks for any help in advance
Silke

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery drainage in flight mode (I know its not a new subject!)

Hello,
Airplane mode disables all radios when you first enable it. However, just because you're in Airplane mode, it doesn't mean your Wifi cannot be enabled again. More than probably you have an app that can enable your wireless. Maybe it's checking for updates, syncing, etc.

Silke000

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi again,
Thanks for your reply and good info.
So, I changed settings in Viber, set sync to manual etc and last night my Wi-Fi was off during the night in flight mode. BUT history says Mobile was still awake the entire night. Battery lost almost the same percentage. Whilst mediaserver showed only 7% I just changed ABC app settings as I had it on alert on etc. Cant think of anything else that could keep it awake and shall see tomorrow morning if that helped. :) My tablet only drains 3% during night, compared all apps so these should be the culprit.

All those apps that have been suggested in other threads to find the cause seem not to work unless you have your mobile rooted. So I have to check it myself.
Cheers

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you found your Wifi culprit... I hope you find the one that messing with you Mobile data. Good luck!