Question Browsers not loading when internet is working

ABI.Mitarbeiter

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

I am having an issue for some time now. My Samsung Galaxy S20 is connected to Wi-Fi (I don't use mobile data in it) and at a certain point, the browsers stop loading pages (give error message). This happens with the browsers I use (standard Samsung browser - rarely, Chrome - occasionally use, and Brave - most used). When I have the problem, all browsers stop loading pages. However, other apps work fine (my LinkedIn app loads pages without a problem and even plays videos).
I initially thought it might be due to the ad blocker I am running, but disabling did not help. Neither does it work closing the browsers or force stopping them. I also tried just going offline (either turning off Wi-Fi or activating plane mode). Problem is independent of the Wi-Fi network.
The only solution I found is restarting the phone, which is occasionally annoying to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What if you clear the app cache/data for the browser in Settings>Apps, force stop it, and then open it again?

It might also be worth fully uninstalling the ad blocker, instead of just disabling it, as a troubleshooting step.

ABI.Mitarbeiter

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What if you clear the app cache/data for the browser in Settings>Apps, force stop it, and then open it again?

It might also be worth fully uninstalling the ad blocker, instead of just disabling it, as a troubleshooting step.
Thanks for the reply. Cache clearing I also tried, but not fully uninstalling the adblocker. Maybe indeed that is the way to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos