Master's Dissertation

sergiobarros

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is not the right place. I’ve developed an Android app and I'm seeking users to evaluate it as the last milestone of my Master's program. The app (WalkNRide) is a free Android app that automatically tracks the locations and different situations in which we walk and drive during our daily lives.

What’s the gem in the app? People commute on a daily basis but we barely focus on our walking or driving habits. The app logs how users commute, ties this information to the places where we spend our days, provides feedback based on how we’re performing and suggests improvements. WalkNRide helps answer questions such as: How much do I walk at work? How does this compare to my activity at home? How much time do I spend driving on a daily basis? What does this mean in terms of my long-term health? How can I improve my walking and driving behaviors? We believe that providing information to people is the first step towards successful and healthy habits.

The app has three versions: a baseline with basic features and other two with a higher diversity of features. With this, I intend to test different strategies to promote physical activity and to understand how users adopt and use these different versions.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miti.walknride

Oliver Stevenson

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a bit old, but I think this is a fantastic idea, I'm going to give it a download and let you know how it goes. This kind of analysis is what the tech companies are trying to do natively and sell as this whole idea of the quantised self. Well done on the Masters btw, I actually finished mine a month ago and developed an Android app for my dissertation too (although potentially less interesting, it was just a puzzle game).

Leah Sapp

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Is this app still in beta testing? I think it would be interesting to know how much time I actually spend in the car

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo