Google Fit app tracks driving as walking

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't use my Pixel 6P's Fit app too often, but took a long walk across town with my wife on Saturday. I did not start a "New Activity", just let it run in the background. When we got to our destination, I checked to see how far we walked, and it seemed to record the distance just fine (we used my wife's iPhone to double check). But on the way home, we took the bus most of the way, then walked a 1/2 mile at the end. Not only did it record the entire return trip as a walk, but the map showed a direct, as the crow flies, line home, nothing like the circuitous route the bust drove. My old LG G4 never dad a problem telling driving from walking when automatically recording my day.
Any idea on how to fix this? My Location is set for High Accuracy.

skinbubble

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
the map showed a direct, as the crow flies, line home, nothing like the circuitous route the bust drove. My old LG G4 never dad a problem telling driving from walking when automatically recording my day.
I too have the "as the crow flies" issue. I have tried to tinker around without success. My old Fitbit app worked much better and that was two years ago when I had one. Might have to see if that app still works for me.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I too have the "as the crow flies" issue. I have tried to tinker around without success. My old Fitbit app worked much better and that was two years ago when I had one. Might have to see if that app still works for me.
Seems crazy that Google can't come up with a better app for their phones, especially since they own Maps!

Reactions: Poshworld

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems crazy that Google can't come up with a better app for their phones, especially since they own Maps!
Google isn't really trying. I do not believe they are unable to do it, so the only other explanation seems to be they are just phoning it in. Same answer for most everything in their ecosystem. But hey... we have emojis in RCS messages now. I have been shaking my head at both Google's and Apple's developer conferences the last year. Whoever is setting their development agenda each year seems to be about twelve years old.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Google isn't really trying. I do not believe they are unable to do it, so the only other explanation seems to be they are just phoning it in. Same answer for most everything in their ecosystem. But hey... we have emojis in RCS messages now. I have been shaking my head at both Google's and Apple's developer conferences the last year. Whoever is setting their development agenda each year seems to be about twelve years old.
Sure seems like that. It's a huge problem with mature, monopolistic companies in general. They don't need to do much to innovate or improve their products, because what are we going to do, switch to "another company"?
I think that's why I liked LG. They always seemed like the "other" Korean company trying to knock Samsung off their pedestal. Now they punted and got out of the Cellphone industry and left Samsung and Google to rule the U.S. market for Android phones :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej