Cool things to do with lapdock

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This forumn is intended to collect cool things people have learned to do with their lapdock. I've seen netflix, as well as other random things. This will hopefully centralize everyone's experience with things they've learned to do. Please include things like installing apps for the lapdock, remoting into your own computer, and generally anything awesome you've learned. That way people like me who aren't as technically savy can get the best out of our investment. Thanks everyone.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
This forumn is intended to collect cool things people have learned to do with their lapdock. I've seen netflix, as well as other random things. This will hopefully centralize everyone's experience with things they've learned to do. Please include things like installing apps for the lapdock, remoting into your own computer, and generally anything awesome you've learned. That way people like me who aren't as technically savy can get the best out of our investment. Thanks everyone.

The list I made below is what I use mine for, currently.

1. Using the built-in Citrix Receiver to connect to a published desktop (similar to using remote desktop) so I can get a full Windows 2003 OS running at 1366x768 resolution. I have a lab at home and have used this as my primary 'bonus' to having the lapdock. Could also run published applications. This obviously requires a citrix server or two, so unless your company has Citrix its unlikely you'll have this option.

2. Netflix, as you said, in full screen for approximately 4.5 hours while using bluetooth headphones. could probably get 5.5 hours out of it without using bluetooth. I had made a video regarding netflix and a BRIEF mention of Citrix at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wi4nGToJbE

3. Emulators (portable game station) such as NES games, SNES, N64, etc... as long as you have the software (requires root, usually) to pair a PS3 or Wii controller using bluetooth to control everything. This works amazingly well. (I use PS3 Sixaxis controller). It does sound like if you have AT LEAST, Honeycomb (3.1.x or greater) of Android (hopefully this means Ice Cream Sandwich will work) you may even be able to plug in those USB adapters for other original controllers such as an SNES controller, N64 Controller, etc... Android 2.x doesn't seem to support 'game controllers' yet.

I'll add more when i come up with some :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty