Droid Bionic Bootstrapper has arrived!

idefiler6

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
WARNING: Install and use AT YOUR OWN RISK. BRICKING YOUR PHONE IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE DEV, THIS FORUM, OR MYSELF. That said:

@cvpcs has outdone himself again. We now have a bootstrapper usable on the Bionic, less than a week after release!

Links:
@cvpcs' Blog, direct download and warnings here.
RootzWiki Dev Thread
Twitter

Controls explained:
Power button = Execute (instead of using another button for "back" since we don't have a 4th button on here, they added an option on the menu for back)
Up/Down Volume = Navigate up and down the menu options

Also:
Works great! I have already ran it and have my first backup!
Just an FYI, use the soft keys for navigation (menu=down,home=up,back=back,search=select).
This is going to be a great dev community for the Bionic!

Apparently the softkeys at the bottom work on this device's bootstrapper!

Last edited:
Reactions: lehthanis

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, use the soft keys for navigation (menu=down,home=up,back=back,search=select).

Reactions: RMT2142

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
total Android N00b here, been reading like crazy though. What exactly does Bootstrapper do? I just Rooted and installed TB Pro and ran a backup, but it only backed up stuff I added, not the stock stuff. Is this the same as Bootstrap?

idefiler6

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, adding this to the OP along with the other controls. I had dumped the links on you guys without doing much testing other than just looking at it!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol used to have something like this on my PSP back when I was modding that. Can't wait to be doing that on my phone too...didn't think about it until my friend started telling me the stuff he was doing on his rooted Droid X. I'm installing the root right now, and I'll be installing this soon to see how well it works out...can't ever have too many backups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87