Quick root question

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been rooted for a couple of months now, but haven't done much with it, I would however like to keep it, but don't remember how I went about rooting it. Do I need to find out which program or way I went about rooting in order to keep root and get the newest update?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been rooted for a couple of months now, but haven't done much with it, I would however like to keep it, but don't remember how I went about rooting it. Do I need to find out which program or way I went about rooting in order to keep root and get the newest update?

You should be able to use RootKeeper (an app) to keep root. If not, I'm sure someone more versed in the Bionic ways will be along shortly.

Reactions: CobbFC09

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I'll download it and give it a try!

It's not bulletproof, but it usually works. If it "breaks" root, then find the applicable superuser.zip and flash that through recovery.

That's how we do it for our (GN) 4.0.4 update, at least lol.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted now, there is a good chance you'll keep root through the .905 upgrade. I did. If not I can confirm that the motofail root method works.

Reactions: dmmarck

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted now, there is a good chance you'll keep root through the .905 upgrade. I did. If not I can confirm that the motofail root method works.
So what you're saying is that if I don't have root after the 5.9.905 update I can use the motofail method to get it back?

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes. If you had one of the forever root methods the update should not break it. If you're coming from the unrooted side, either because you never rooted or you flashed back to a clean .902 then motofail will root version .905

Reactions: CobbFC09