Won't boot after JB OTA update.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Iinstalled the Bionic OTA JB update but I left the Bionic rooted when I applied the update. Everything worked great, downloaded the update, installed it and it rebooted and it hung on the Red Eye. I left it there for an hour but all it did was heat up the phone.
Anyone know how to recover from this?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Iinstalled the Bionic OTA JB update but I left the Bionic rooted when I applied the update. Everything worked great, downloaded the update, installed it and it rebooted and it hung on the Red Eye. I left it there for an hour but all it did was heat up the phone.
Anyone know how to recover from this?

First thing I would do is pull the battery and let it sit for a little bit. Then try to boot up again. If that doesn't work you might have to boot up into the stock recovery on the device and restore to factory default. Hold volume up and down while pressing the power button. When you get prompted, click volume down to access stock recovery. Once you are there you should be able to reset back to factory stock. This will wipe everything so before you do that try wiping your cache to see if that helps.

Wipe you cache in stock recovery if it lets you and then reboot. If you still get booting issues, you might have to do the full wipe.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
First thing I would do is pull the battery and let it sit for a little bit. Then try to boot up again. If that doesn't work you might have to boot up into the stock recovery on the device and restore to factory default. Hold volume up and down while pressing the power button. When you get prompted, click volume down to access stock recovery. Once you are there you should be able to reset back to factory stock. This will wipe everything so before you do that try wiping your cache to see if that helps.

Wipe you cache in stock recovery if it lets you and then reboot. If you still get booting issues, you might have to do the full wipe.
Thanks for taking the time to try to help me. I took to Verizon and they had some gizmo to do a factory reset. Since I can not root it, I can't use Titanium to restore it. I will; l starts from scratch.
Thanks again for your help.