Best screen protector for the Priv?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the BodyGuardz UltraTough screen protector from the AT&T store in the Mall of America earlier this week, and within a couple of days the screen protector was curling off the curved display and it didn't adhere to the display anymore. It was the second one of those I went through. $50 down the drain. Then I purchased the Skinomi TechSkin from Amazon for $7.85. It seems to adhere to the curved display so much better than the BodyGuardz and it was so much cheaper. I love it.

Bob80220

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have had the BodyGuardz UltraTough screen protector on my Priv since day one a little over 3 weeks now. No issues with it not adhering to the curved edges. I'm very happy with it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you on your Priv.

Bob

Posted via the Android Central App with my BlackBerry Priv On AT&T

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought an Ace Armor Shield self healing protector. It fits edge to edge but they got the dimensions wrong for the camera cutout and it's in the wrong spot so I can't recommend which is a shame because it's a nice protector otherwise. I'm going to try Armor Suit next as I had nice experiences with them in the past and should have went for that one first.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had the BodyGuardz UltraTough screen protector on my Priv since day one a little over 3 weeks now. No issues with it not adhering to the curved edges. I'm very happy with it.

Bob

Oh well. It turns out the $7 screen protector is working so much better than the $25 screen protector.

YMMV, of course.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm also using the BodyGuardz UltraTough. It's holding up just fine. I too think the phone would probably be fine with the Gorilla Glass 4, but I carry it around in my pocket and just don't want to take any chances.

vletnguyen

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm using xtremeguard , I have used them for all my devices for years now. I was a big zagg fan but xtremeguard is the same protections and a lot cheaper with their constant 91% off sales. I buy two for every device, one to use and I'll include the new one when I sell the device.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Bob

Same here. I dropped mine face down on parking lot. Scuffed top left corner and it peeled up the top left part of the screen protector and dust and grit got underneath it. No damage or cracks to the screen though! Assumed I would be ordering another protector, but when I got home, I used water and tweezers to clear all the dirt, then it reapplied like it was new! You could never tell anything happened except for the small scuff on the silver part. I went ahead and ordered the same protector for my wife's Moto X. They have made a lifelong customer out of me!

Posted via the Android Central App

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a clear skinomi skin coming (I like stock look and don't want a case). I'm looking forward to it from their write up, being self healing.. And they said if it lifts up a bit to get hair dryer out to help it reform

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I probably should have gone naked, but I got skinomi. It was a bit of a nuisance to bend it and coax it to adhere during application, but it's been fine since then. I've only had it a week, of course, but it is working flawlessly.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I know. But I still feel nervous running around without a screen protector, even though phones with Gorilla Glass 4 probably don't need one.

i got one as well just to see if it would fit. from europe and its a curved tempered glass protector. Its on back order. I will post pics of it probably in a month when it comes finally.

dont trust the curved glass ones on ebay they suck and were a waste of cash.

whippingcandy

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Bought one for my girl from getSecondSkin.com. Fits beautifully on my G4 and she loves hers, too. Also considered going with the Skinomi because she didn't think she wanted glass (go figure). For the price they seem like a good choice.

nicky_willz

Banned
Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the BodyGuardz UltraTough screen protector from the AT&T store in the Mall of America earlier this week, and within a couple of days the screen protector was curling off the curved display and it didn't adhere to the display anymore. It was the second one of those I went through. $50 down the drain. Then I purchased the Skinomi TechSkin from Amazon for $7.85. It seems to adhere to the curved display so much better than the BodyGuardz and it was so much cheaper. I love it.

I'm using the same bodyguardz screen protector it's terrible,taking it back tomorrow.

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Bought one for my girl from getSecondSkin.com. Fits beautifully on my G4 and she loves hers, too. Also considered going with the Skinomi because she didn't think she wanted glass (go figure). For the price they seem like a good choice.

Was looking at their site. They also do one that's not glass... was curious tho. Do they just give you screen protector or is there a cover for the back too?

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*