Accessories: Screen Protector

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have not seen Spigens EZ Fit protector for the Classic (43mm or 47mm) series only the regular Watch 6. 😩

The Spigen has saved my watchface from damage while camping from a couple of spills on gravel. The last trip, I was playing with my Sister- in-laws dog. He zigged when I zagged & down I went. (The pooch is smart, me, not so much.)
I have a nice gash on the protector, but the screen is fine. I like the Spigen because it has a foolproof application frame.

So please help out this klutzy camper. If you use protectors on your watch, what are your recommendations!

Thanks!! 😊

Reactions: mustang7757

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen Spigens EZ Fit protector for the Classic (43mm or 47mm) series only the regular Watch 6.

The Spigen has saved my watchface from damage while camping from a couple of spills on gravel. The last trip, I was playing with my Sister- in-laws dog. He zigged when I zagged & down I went. (The pooch is smart, me, not so much.)
I have a nice gash on the protector, but the screen is fine. I like the Spigen because it has a foolproof application frame.

So please help out this klutzy camper. If you use protectors on your watch, what are your recommendations!

Thanks!!
The watch 5 and 6 screens are considerably more resilient than previous models, being that they are sapphire crystal. So I just don't bother with a protector.

That said, I'm not really an extreme sports kind of guy, and I still wouldn't let it anywhere near a beach lol

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The watch 5 and 6 screens are considerably more resilient than previous models, being that they are sapphire crystal. So I just don't bother with a protector.

That said, I'm not really an extreme sports kind of guy, and I still wouldn't let it anywhere near a beach lol
Thanks, that's good to know! I appreciate the info.
😃

robert1979mlt

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
I have not seen Spigens EZ Fit protector for the Classic (43mm or 47mm) series only the regular Watch 6. 😩

Thanks!! 😊
Just FYI, I contacted spigen and they said they should have screen protectors out for the classic mid-September/early October.

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Today I installed one of the Supershieldz HD Clear Screen Protectors for the Watch 6 Classic. The installation was real easy, no spray or liquids used with this product. The results are great, it looks just like the original glass surface. They cost around $7 for 3.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Today I installed one of the Supershieldz HD Clear Screen Protectors for the Watch 6 Classic. The installation was real easy, no spray or liquids used with this product. The results are great, it looks just like the original glass surface. They cost around $7 for 3.
That's great!
Was the protector tricky to line up evenly?

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
That's great!
Was the protector tricky to line up evenly?
Not too bad to line up, I was able to "adjust" the position slightly to get it just right once it was on. Seems like a silicone layer is on the bottom and it goes on as if it is wet. Completely bubble free. They include a cleaning cloth for your screen and a applicator card.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I went with 2 different screen protectors just because there were one or two bad reviews. The first one I tried was ....

CAVN Screen Protector Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47mm, [3+1] 9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass Screen Protector with PC Bumper Case for Galaxy watch 6 Classic https://amzn.eu/d/ikpId84

I have used their screen protectors on my watch 4 classic with good results however the first one (of 3) didn't stick 100 % so I pulled it off and decided to use the 2nd order.
What was good about the CAVN order was the included bumper case which just covers the frame of the watch with access to the buttons and rotating bezel so all was not lost and I still have 2 more screen protectors to try at some point.

So the other screen protector is....

KIMILAR 4-Pack Screen Protector... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CC5WSMVV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The first one I fitted was good and you have to look really close to tell there is a protector on. Even though they look pretty much the same as the CAVN brand there was no issue at all.

So I basically used the bumper case from the first order and the screen protector from the second order and I'm pretty confident that the watch will be protected from the usual knocks on door frames/handles etc.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I went with 2 different screen protectors just because there were one or two bad reviews. The first one I tried was ....

CAVN Screen Protector Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47mm, [3+1] 9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass Screen Protector with PC Bumper Case for Galaxy watch 6 Classic https://amzn.eu/d/ikpId84

I have used their screen protectors on my watch 4 classic with good results however the first one (of 3) didn't stick 100 % so I pulled it off and decided to use the 2nd order.
What was good about the CAVN order was the included bumper case which just covers the frame of the watch with access to the buttons and rotating bezel so all was not lost and I still have 2 more screen protectors to try at some point.

So the other screen protector is....

KIMILAR 4-Pack Screen Protector... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CC5WSMVV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The first one I fitted was good and you have to look really close to tell there is a protector on. Even though they look pretty much the same as the CAVN brand there was no issue at all.

So I basically used the bumper case from the first order and the screen protector from the second order and I'm pretty confident that the watch will be protected from the usual knocks on door frames/handles etc.
Thanks, those look like good options.

I bought a Caseology Vault case to try for my camping trips. Although it is solid protection with the raised edge, it seems to trap dust. (There's no shortage of dust & dirt when camping.) When I look at the dial it's like looking through a snow globe. That CAVN bumper looks a little more reasonable.

Reactions: evohicks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali