Google Opening up Play store on BB10

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Why wont google allow this? Do they really think everyone will jump ship to bb10 and leave android??

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BILLION YEARS.

So let the 2 Million or so buyers per year of the bb10 be happy and enjoy some clash of clans.

I dont get why google is soooo against it and they even worked with berry on the priv in a partnership. Shouldnt they be friends by now?

2 million per year average. thats NOTHING. Iphone sells 80million a year. Google needs to allow this....ESPECIALLY NOW. Since berry will be making probably 10 android phones for every bb10 phone they make.

so now I think its time they change their stance on this silly issue.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Would all of the apps even work on BB10 or are you asking all of the individual developers to try to keep up on yet another OS version of their apps on top of keeping up with apple and android already? That might be harder than just convincing Google anyway.

Anyway good luck waiting for this but if you see a Priv 2 come out, I wouldn't hold your breath any longer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's because running all Google Apps in an emulator may not be the best thing for both OSes.. Some things may not run correctly and the virtual machine will destroy the battery.

Remember the android apps that run on bb10 do not run natively. So Google could never guarantee what will and won't run correctly.

D

Deleted member 2678566

If this happened after I bought the Priv I would be pissed off because I had a 5 month old passport and loved bb10 I only left because of the dire ecosystem

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Because it's better to say No once and everyone knows you mean it then have to keep saying No and folks have no idea if No really means no.

For example if Google lets BlackBerry do it what happens when Tizen, or FireFox OS, or SailFish, or Windows 10 for that matter run a version of Android in an emulator. "But you let BlackBerry" will be the reply.

If you are not running full fledged android, booting to android - you don't get the play store. Makes it very easy to undertstand.

anon(6038817)

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It's really a moot point, now, since BB10 is in maintenance and phase-out mode.

BB10 is also running an older version of the Android runtime, with no plans to update, so it would eventually not be able to run the latest apps anyway.

Sad, really. In my experience, BB10 is the best mobile OS I have ever used.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member