Hello Crackberry defectors!!!

pvk2009

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
People talk about the droid being an IPhone killer, but it will probably take a bigger chunk out of RIM. I've liked my BB but I'm fed up with the browser and the inflexibility of the interface. My fear (I haven't jumped yet) is that I'll find the droid less functional in terms of the PDA functions. For messaging, putting down an appt. adding an address, the bb is just plain fast, simple and functional kind of like the old Palms were. I want more bells and whistles and some good connectivity by I don't want to do it by sacrificing too much practical workability.

carnadi88

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to miss my crackberry as well. When I moved from windows mobile to my BB Curve I thought that it was the greatest phone ever. Now I have a chance to get an even better phone. It's like Christmas came early for me. I don't have mine yet, but its been ordered and on its way here. I can't wait.

wanderer_82680

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I got my S2 and I went and looked at the droid today. Couldn't do it, that keyboard just wasn't for me and I felt it was just too big. I did look at the eris and I really liked that, but I just can't give up my bbm yet. So I got the eris for the wife, and I am going to stick with my storm 2 for now, I just really hope this is a wake up to RIM about improvements that must be made. There were a ton of droids and eris walking out of my verizon store today .... if they don't step it up I will definitely be gone soon

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Very true....here I am.....well I will probably be a whore and well since I have a big big big problem and addiction. I am a technology gadget geek whore so I am sure I will be visiting every blog site and what not out there.......

But I do have my Droid and so here come the newb questions and screwups.....

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
People talk about the droid being an IPhone killer, but it will probably take a bigger chunk out of RIM. I've liked my BB but I'm fed up with the browser and the inflexibility of the interface. My fear (I haven't jumped yet) is that I'll find the droid less functional in terms of the PDA functions. For messaging, putting down an appt. adding an address, the bb is just plain fast, simple and functional kind of like the old Palms were. I want more bells and whistles and some good connectivity by I don't want to do it by sacrificing too much practical workability.

i think this is especially true for current verizon subscribers. generally speaking, if you had verizon and a smartphone, it was a blackberry.

now we have options, and like many new users on here i got tired of waiting for RIM to innovate and cater to the crowd who don't want a 100% business oriented phone.

hopefully this will get RIM to take the demographic more seriously and do something to try and entice us to come back... :)

R

Roy Aguilera

Got mine today. I hate the new learning curve after being a BB Genious, but love the phone.

Roark

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I am actually labeled as BlackBerry Master in our Exchange directory...jumped ship today to Droid. I really do think that Android will become the leading smartphone OS...I figured I better jump in now so that I can become the Android Master.

I personally made the jump to Google Everything about 8 months ago and I have not looked back. Stopped using Outlook and went straight Gmail. All my clients are now on Google Apps and loving it.

And BB was just too slow getting the google experience, the sync was good but still lacking in many areas. So here I am in a new Droid. Well it will be here in a couple of days.

I really do think it would be a good idea to have a section for Crack addicts to get Droid'd up. I am already compiling a list of apps to install ASAP.

BTW, My name is Roark, and I USED to be a Crackhead.

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey crackheads, I've got a question for all of you. I'm curious as to what the learning curve was like for you on your first BB keyboard compared to what you think it will be like on the Droid. For example, did it just come naturally or was there an adjustment period and if so how long.

Just wondering if any of you think you simply won't be able to get along on this keyboard.

Full Disclosure: I'm invested in Motorola and I think the Droid is a BB killer, which when you think about it is more fierce than just an iPhone killer given that BB actually has a bigger market share.

Further disclosure, I was going to buy a Pre, but jumped ship when I saw this phone three weeks ago on BGR. I can't believe I'm actually going to go to a more expensive network to do this. That part hurts. Really. Hurts.

ScootD

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
@SharonW, I can't really give you an opinion on the Keyboard scene as my first BB was the storm (no physical keyboard). I did go into a VZW store tonight to play with the droid as I pln on getting one, hopefully in 2 weeks (when my contract is 1 year old).

My initial impressions were that the moto Droid was a really nice phone but didn't blow me away. Never fear the Storm didn't blow me away either but I really like it now. I found myself having issues typing on the virtual keyboards, more so than on the storm. I think it has more to do with learning how to get the most out of the droid versus what I'm used to on the Storm.

All-in-all the phone looks sweet and I plan on switching to droid in the near future (whenever I get the best deal and am tired of waiting) as I feel the BB OS is just to anchored. I'm not on BES for BB and there really aren't any security concerns for my company email so that's not an issue. Plus, I can wait 10 more minutes to get my email compared to a BB (if it takes longer) as I don't need to be THAT connected.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
After 12 hours of having the Droid I seem to be a little better with it compared to my first blackberry (curve). I don't think the Droid is easier to learn I think I'm just getting better at using a smart phone. I had a moto Q before my blackberry and they were worlds apart in my eyes.

I really like the keyboard and learning pretty quick I did get some practice using the storm for 6 months. I can type much faster on a landscape touch screen then a physical keyboard.

I have to say that I love this phone!!!

RNCCRN9706

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm taking my S2 back in the morning and getting the Droid!! I can't WAIT!! While the Storm2 is ok...RIM certainly needs a better OS with a better native web browser.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I too am missing my BBM, but not a thing else. The droid is sweeeeettt!!! I've still got my tour and 29 days to test out the droid, but I can't see BB's hold over me lasting I think I'm becoming an android addict!!!!

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to those of you who've answered so far! I'd love to hear more from the other crackheads, too, about their keyboarding experiences.

I would think that as long as you don't feel like flinging your Droid against a wall in two weeks you're already out living the original Storm owners. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez