Hello Crackberry defectors!!!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So how many of you Stormers find that you are trying to press down on the screen when you type :)

had this issue when i got it this morning it was so hard learning to not press hard again lol , but now that im used to it im flying on that keyboard :)

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Well I don't have the sexy Droid like all of you. I have the G1 on T-Mobile. But I am a Crackberry defector. I defected about three months ago. I had the 8830, 8330, and then the 9530 on Verizon. When we switched to TMO, I wanted to switch to a phone with the Android OS. At the time, the G1 was the only one. The MyTouch hadn't been released at that time.
Anyway, I'm glad you're all here. When I first came over here, it was pretty quiet. I believe this place has started hopping now.

Altruistic_BS

Oct 20, 2009
www.altruisticbs.com
*raises cup of coffee* it's good to be here lol

copped the Droid last night online (after 8PM, paid for overnight shipping, so i'm hoping to see it on Monday, since i coincidentally have the day off). the GF currently uses the Curve 8330, but she's getting my current Tour.

I went to the local verizon store and played with the S2, Eris and Moto Droid. Realized surepress wasn't for me, the Eris is very slick, but the Droid made me drool instantly. Yes, I was "that guy" who hogged the display unit for 15 minutes...you commonly refer to us as "douchebags."

**edit** phone shipped. delivery on Monday. it should be a fantastic day off :D

Last edited:

The Antagonist

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm onboard. I agree with Sooks earlier post about not leaving CB completely, but the amount of trolling between forums needs to die down a bit.

Any way I can transfer my post count from CB and become an Android Master ;)

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I just came over from Crackberry as well and my wife got my S1 and so I will continue to go there to help her out with her phone. Iloved that site.

I am very excited to now be a DroidHead. This phone has been amazing already and can't wait for 2.0 apps to start being produced. Will be great ot modify and do what I want with the phone.

Funny I wouldn't even own this phone if I would have won the Video Contest over at Crackberry but since that didn't happen here I am.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll be joining soon, I'm tired of my Storm plus i'm a tech junkie...but I have to wait another 2 weeks to get the upgrade. DAMN, why can't they let me early! Oh well, my brother is defecting too and says its awesome, and unlike the Storm reviews last year, most have been glowing remarks (especially where it matters). Sounds like a win for me this time.

cozper

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I thought I was happy with my original Storm, and it certainly met my needs while I was using it, but after getting the Droid yesterday I realized what I had been missing. The Droid is a vastly more polished device, and Android is awesome.

Nice to see some familiar folks around here!

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The funny thing about the Storm, the lastest OS released actually made it 'good', to the point where my brother said he might not get the droid cause he liked his Storm now. Then his gf got it and he played with it, and now he says its 100% better than the Storm.

CrackberryMike

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
As you can probably decipher I am a CB regular; I am not a defector as much as I am a two-fisted technology whore. Tour in one hand, Droid in the other!

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Greetings and look forward to learning about my Droid and the Android OS...leaving a storm buy still using a Curve for work.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This is a fun new excurison for me... I am hard on my fones (software wise) and have already frozen my Droid several times and had to do a couple battery pulls... But its been a fun 36 hrs. There are so many possibilities and its great that there is so much stuff already out here for it.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a pretty good grasp of how the phone works so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and im working on getting Gtalk so Ill add infor as soon as I get it

lusis

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The funny thing about the Storm, the lastest OS released actually made it 'good', to the point where my brother said he might not get the droid cause he liked his Storm now. Then his gf got it and he played with it, and now he says its 100% better than the Storm.

Heh. I felt the same way. OS 5.0 made my Storm 1 VERY usable. I felt sort of bad giving it up but I'm a big google junkie and I wanted wifi. I'm pretty comfortable with the 5.0 OS upgrade though to pass it off to my wife if she wants it. She's going to be messing around with it the next few days to get a feel for it.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I actually didnt like 5.0 I thought it was buggy and didnt really work all too well. It looked a lot better but that the only plus I could really find with it. Mine froze all the time and rebooted itself about once a day.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Im not gonna lie there are some things Im really missing from my Blackberry. I miss the music controls on the phone without having to open the player. I also music the pattern lock. The app was better than the real thing lol. It changed colors and had background options and could be as long or short as you wanted it. I do miss BBM but not that much. You cant save MMS's without an app! Thats just stupid! But otherwise I love my new phone lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member