no lenovo zuk2 because it has bad os and no nougat

needs to have

1. nougat or will get it soon
2. at least 3gb
3. compass magnet
4. good battery
5. 4g lte bands for att in u.s.

my choices are

1. moto g5 plus (sadly no nfc) i heard the us variant has compass. can anyone confirm?

2. xperia xa1(im worried about battery life and lack of lte bands for usa)

3. nexus 6 (nexus is notorious for bricked device and a little worried)

4. possibly nexus 5x but is outdated with 2gb ram and no longer warranted

Thanks for the question @scalabrine playoff 3pt 46 curry playoff 3pt 40. There is a LOT of competition around the $300 range so you have lots to choose from. Personally for me, i would highly recommend the ZTE Axon 7 Mini :)

Its got 3GB RAM, decent battery LTE bands for the US. It's currently running 6.0 out the box. not sure when its getting Nougat but shouldn't be too long since the Axon 7 already has it.

I have that on my radar but don't want to wait too long or possibly never. If only ZTE gives an estimated date as to when it will get an update.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the question @scalabrine playoff 3pt 46 curry playoff 3pt 40. There is a LOT of competition around the $300 range so you have lots to choose from. Personally for me, i would highly recommend the ZTE Axon 7 Mini :)

Its got 3GB RAM, decent battery LTE bands for the US. It's currently running 6.0 out the box. not sure when its getting Nougat but shouldn't be too long since the Axon 7 already has it.

OP, as Matty suggested, the Axon 7 Mini is a great device like its bigger counterpart; and also gets my vote. Good luck, and let us know what you decide! :)

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A slightly used Honor 8 in very good condition can easily be found for just under $300. It has been updated to 7.0

A slightly used Honor 8 in very good condition can easily be found for just under $300. It has been updated to 7.0

I have the honor 8 lol that's the best phone ever purchased and I'm glad. I was looking for a back up that's why I'm here. But good looking out. Honor 8 FTW

I saw where Amazon Prime $299 with N and 4GB due in on 31st.

Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Lunar Gray - 64 GB - Unlocked
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR2ZFBI/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5731551

I'm leaning towards moto g5+ too. I think i might stay away from the amazon prime deal. The ads and amazon bloatware is kind of hard to remove from what I have seen and I don't feel like doing the extra work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch