New phone on a budget.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Axon 7($360) vs Xperia X Performance($300) vs Moto G5 Plus 4GB($300) vs iPhone SE($270) Budget is $300.

I'm also completely up for suggestions besides these phones.

This is not for me, this is for a friend. I know iPhones are probably disliked around here, and I know I wouldn't get one, but my friend just wants a good camera and a reliable phone.

In terms of what's important(1 is most important)

1. Camera

2. Battery

3. Speed

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Without asking any questions I would actually say the iPhone. If the budget could be stretched, I would then say the Axon or the Sony.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
The other option is testing our luck by getting the Amazon Warehouse Deals "Like New" Samsung S7 for $320.

I've heard the S7 camera is up there with the best even today, but is it worth buying a used phone above the budget?

Thanks!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The other option is testing our luck by getting the Amazon Warehouse Deals "Like New" Samsung S7 for $320.

I've heard the S7 camera is up there with the best even today, but is it worth buying a used phone above the budget?

Thanks!

The s7 camera is good but the battery life is not good. I think you'll be disappointed in that arena if you chose to try it.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Ugh.. I don't know.. Looking back at the G5 Plus.

The other other option is $500 over 24 months for a brand spanking new LG G6.(Way over budget)

Or $480 over 24 months for an S7 Edge. But I think if either, the G6 is better.(Still way over budget)

Both come directly from T-Mobile.

Last edited:

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
She decided on the Moto G5 Plus. I would have opted for a used S7 Edge or the new G6 but I guess you can't beat the G5 Plus for $240.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, I'd grab th Axon 7 or the iPhone SE. All of your options are great, but those would be the two that I would recommend. My boyfriend has the SE and his battery life is phenomenal; especially when it's in the low percentages, and I mean the LOW percentages, like 2% or even 1%. The Axon 7 is a great phone at a wonderful bargain, and I think you couldn't go wrong with choosing that one for your friend.

Good luck!

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
In my opinion, I'd grab th Axon 7 or the iPhone SE. All of your options are great, but those would be the two that I would recommend. My boyfriend has the SE and his battery life is phenomenal; especially when it's in the low percentages, and I mean the LOW percentages, like 2% or even 1%. The Axon 7 is a great phone at a wonderful bargain, and I think you couldn't go wrong with choosing that one for your friend.

Good luck!

She was definitely leaning towards the SE as her friend has one and says the same thing. Great battery life and really a pretty great camera too. But she decided she really doesn't like iOS as much as andrion.

As for the Axon 7, she picked the G5 plus over it because, well, she's cheap as dirt. Lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
She was definitely leaning towards the SE as her friend has one and says the same thing. Great battery life and really a pretty great camera too. But she decided she really doesn't like iOS as much as andrion.

As for the Axon 7, she picked the G5 plus over it because, well, she's cheap as dirt. Lol.

Yup, the SE has an excellent camera too! And the size is really nice. Glad she got a phone that she likes! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87