New smartphone for around 300-400€ (can't choose between Pixel, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Redmi, POCO...)

Parisix78

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I've been having a Honor 10 for 5 years now, but because of problems of screen and battery I'm searching for a new smartphone. I basically search a smartphone for around 300 to 400€, I dont usually play games on smartphones and would like a good camera, small phone (under 160mm of height) and if possible, good duration of battery. For what I've searched, my options are:
- Google Pixel 7a (or 6a): but I've seen some problems with the battery (that seem to have been kind of fixed with the last update)
- Xiaomi 12: doesn't seem to be bad, but can't understand why it isn't on the recommended phones on most of the lists.
- Xiaomi 12 lite or 13 lite
- One Plus Nord 2T
- Redmi Note 11
- Poco F5: I've understood that POCO seems to focus more on performance for games and less on other aspects (camera etc.)
I don't know if others options are possible, I've seen Samsung A54 is also interesting but I'm not fan of One UI.
Lately I've been focusing a bit more on Pixel 7a, I've not seen so many reviews on the others phones because it takes so much time to really have a good idea on everything that is in the market and to buy the good one. For example seeing Xiaomi 12 which is supposed to be a high-end smartphone so "cheap" on Amazon is tempting but also makes me doubt on that if it's so low it might be for a reason.
I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have personal experience with the other phones, but I'd still recommend the Pixel 7a. I haven't seen many complaints about battery on these forums, and it's hard to beat the Pixel camera, as well as the reliable system and security updates. The hardware is very similar to the Pixel 7 (which my wife has), and although she did notice some issues with mild-moderate battery drain early on, that did seem to improve significantly after an update several months ago, and there have been no complaints since then.