Froyo 2.2 on its way for-Galaxy S i897 Desktop Dock

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Most likely that might be the only way to get Froyo. If you don't buy the dock ATT will not release Froyo to your phone.

tintillo

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
As much as I dislike ATT and its manipulation of operating systems,went through similar things with two bberries, this one is much simpler if you read the samsung website. It is clear that to be able to use the audio out feature of the Dock, you will need Froyo. The announcement is clearly indicates multiple times something like when android 2.2 would become available. It does not say that to have all the other functions working you need Froyo... unless I missed something?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the dock for about a month now, it's been available here at the Android Central store for a while now. It doesn't seem to be helping in getting Froyo out any sooner (it's a reasonable nice dock though).

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using the Desk Home dock app to see if music initiated through that running will provide audio out through the dock. Unfortunately I'm running the 2.2 pre-release from end of 2010 and the Desk/Car dock programs weren't included and the ones in market don't work on froyo. Just debating if it's worth going to the official 2.2 release.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Click the speaker icon in the desk app so it looks like it is muted... that is actually LINE OUT, and needs to be like that to get audio out of the car dock. You also need compatible Desk Dock apps... which the one that is on stock SHOULD be. Lastly, if you want to be able to use things other than the desk dock app, you will actually need to install ANOTHER desk dock app, and then NOT select a default when you dock in.

This way, your HOME key will not just take you back to the desk dock home, but your REAL home, and you should be able to run anything and have it work.

Alternatively, if you are not running stock but are running an i9000 ROM, the i9000 kernels (most, not all) support this now natively. However, though it does support it, if you are not using the desk dock app, it seems to run your audio through the same filters as phone audio, so all the bass gets stripped out. Annoying, but being worked on in i9000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa