Charging Dock/Otterbox Compatibility

xcaggie08

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered a Otterbox Commuter Series cover for my Captivate and was also interested in ordering the Samsung Multimedia Charging Dock. Does anyone have both of these and know whether or not these are compatible? I'm a little concerned the added bulk from the case will not allow the phone to plug into the dock. Thanks for your help.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I've been reading, any case will be too thick for a dock. So the answer is probably "won't work", but I don't have one to test out.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox, and anything bigger than the usb cable probably won't fit. My car charger is a little thicker than the OEM cable, and I sometimes have a hard time getting it in there. Hope this info helps.

bbennett40

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the charging dock and the otterbox. The fit on the charger is so close, you must remove any cases in order to connect the phone.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
As an aside, the Otter box slips on and off, in about 2 secs. Easy, peasy.

Yes that would work, but wouldn't it get old doing that after a while? I have a defender, and its easy, but the only part that sucks is getting the rubber case on fully. Sometimes when putting it on, some of the sides like to stick back up.

fieldsjj

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I put an Otterbox Defender on my S5 and my desktop charger doesn't fit. the Defender is difficult to remove(especially with carpal tunnel, tendonitis in my right thumb, and arthritis) so I have been surching. there is a company called RND and they have two models, black and white, they claim fit most Otterboxes, models RND-CRY-S-U3-W and RND-CRY-S-U3-B. now I have to find if it fits the Defender