bluetooth keyboard

LPnut

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The Firmware in my charge is 2.2.1 and it says there are no updates available. I bought a Motorola Bluetooth Android Keyboard (Model SJYN0700A). When I try and pair the phone with the keyboard a message flashes on screen for about 3 seconds " enter PIN 17****. There is no where to enter the PIN# then another message pops up "Unable to pair with motorola keyboard, incorrect PIN or password. I tried this on another CHARGE and it does the same thing. I tried it on a HTC Thunderbolt and I was able to enter code and it worked. Is there a OS/software update/patch so I can can use this keyboard I didn't find any other keyboards that were android compliant. I need to be able to use a full size keyboard when i travel.

mturetsky

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently use a Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboar
A little buggy sometimes but overall works great. Use with my Droid Charge and prior my Droid 1
Download the latest keyboard driver for android from the freedompro web site or support center

Sent from my Droid Charge w Alien Beast V 5 EE4

NorCalBadBoy

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem.

On the keyboard Hold the V A and R keys while powering the keyboard.
This will put it into pairing mode.

Once it powers on, try pairing it with the device you want to pair it with.
You will receive a code. Type the received code on the keyboard.

It should now work. :)

It sucks that no manual comes with the keyboard. I found the solution online, though I don't remember where. But I can now use the keyboard with my iPad 2 as well as my Acer Iconia TouchBook.