Extended Battery Cases?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As usual the mfg's of cases fail to prepare for users who want extended batteries. IF I get the Charge tomorrow I want one, a little extra weight a bump in battery so why not. But it can take months to find one if at all.

So I ask has anyone heard or found a case for the Extended battery, silicone is fine, hard case too.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As usual the mfg's of cases fail to prepare for users who want extended batteries. IF I get the Charge tomorrow I want one, a little extra weight a bump in battery so why not. But it can take months to find one if at all.

So I ask has anyone heard or found a case for the Extended battery, silicone is fine, hard case too.

I had that problem when I had the TB. I really hated carrying it around naked, so what I did is stretch the standard silicone case to fit. It was fugly but at least it provided some protection. Some else here at AC took the standard TB silicone case and cut a hole in the back to accomodate the extended battery, not a great solution either. If I get the Charge I will get some generic case until a decent one comes out. Don't know of any other solution.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a pair of extended battery doors off of Amazon and the extended battery from Verizon all should be here next week. So I will get the full body clear film kit and likely just use a vertical holster for now. I wanted the extd battery for two reasons, first and oddly enough I wanted a bit more weight to it, its just too light. Second of course why not get more battery life for a hard days use on 4G :)

mrblahblah

May 5, 2011
Visit site
How about contacting one of those companies that make clear protectors for the Charge, and see if they can make one for the extended battery.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I emailed the one company I have found so far that offers a full body 3M film kit for the Charge, NO ANSWER, its amazing that in today's world companies simply don't care, answer, ignore or whatever.

I will contact Seidio regarding a holster for the Charge, they finally made one for the ThunderBolt, but they have zero Charge accessories available its not even listed on their site.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I found something that works for a holster. I went into Verizon and checked out the two piece holster case combo that fits the standard battery. The case only fits the extended battery, but the holster by itself will accommodate the Charge with the extended battery on it. I have an invisible shield on the back so no scuffs but still not a bad deal you get two for the price of one.

Crunch140

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I found something that works for a holster. I went into Verizon and checked out the two piece holster case combo that fits the standard battery. The case only fits the extended battery, but the holster by itself will accommodate the Charge with the extended battery on it. I have an invisible shield on the back so no scuffs but still not a bad deal you get two for the price of one.

YAY, I didn't even think to try this. Works great, thank you!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
it really is amazing that it takes so long to get ANYTHING for the extended battery! Seriously they have an extended battery out of the gate because they know the flux capacitors used in these things eat battery power like crazy!

Make a car dock or desk top that fits the extended battery and make a small plastic insert that is removable for the standard battery.

The droid x and the extended slim battery was the best! I got great life with it and it fit in everything, cases, docks and holsters

cruzer_lite

Banned
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My company manufacturers cases but I don't think there are enough customer who use extended batteries to justify the cost of making the mold and producing the case

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
My company manufacturers cases but I don't think there are enough customer who use extended batteries to justify the cost of making the mold and producing the case

I would think that with the increased use of LTE phones with higher specs that there will be a rise in extended battery users soon.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I too am waiting for a hard case that will accommodate the thicker extended battery, especially one that can clip to the belt like the one sold in the bundle at Verizon for the regular battery. I'm not buying the extended battery until the case is available.

Sent from my SCH-I510

iceberg384

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
uhh have you seen the forums? there is ALOT of money to be made if someone makes a legit case for the extended battery

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
uhh have you seen the forums? there is ALOT of money to be made if someone makes a legit case for the extended battery

I tried and tried to get used to the extended battery but it made my phone way too fat. If anyone is interested in buying the extended battery and battery cover let me know. Shoot me a .pm