Amazon now shipping Toshiba chromebook 2

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you order one? If so, let us know what you think!
I didn't order one yet but am tempted. I was surprised by the reports that they're shipping already since they weren't suppose to be released til the 5th.

I'm now anxious to find someone that had one and get a report.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a decent chance one of the AC writers will review it. They've been increasing their Chromebook coverage lately.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If I would have known they were going to ship early, I probably would have bought one. I've got to wait a couple of weeks to get mine. Ahh well.

I thought there was going to be a 32 GB version though. I really want that screen but I don't know if it would be a smart buy to go from the HP 14. Giving up my Haswell and mobile data for 1080p...I'm undecided. I think I'd get more use out of the screen as I watch a lot of Netflix on my chromebook but I love having the mobile data as a backup.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I finally broke down and ordered one of these on Wednesday, still have not gotten a notice that it has shipped so apparently not one of the ones who will get theirs early. I've been reading the early reviews and they are at least 90 percent favorable so I pulled the trigger.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Coming out in another 3 months+ for us in the UK, can't believe what a huge tits up Toshiba made with that.

Posted via the Android Central App

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So apparently amazon ran out of stock shortly before I put my order inand I've now canceled.

My plans of owning a chromebook have been put on hold til I hear how the hp G3 is.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So it took approximately 2 weeks for me to find a program that the Toshiba Chromebook2 was not capable of running. It was a very important program for me and there was not an alternative in the Chrome store. My Chromebook was returned and I'll never buy another one again.

Steve Adams

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So it took approximately 2 weeks for me to find a program that the Toshiba Chromebook2 was not capable of running. It was a very important program for me and there was not an alternative in the Chrome store. My Chromebook was returned and I'll never buy another one again.

What program?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Never say never. I used to be unable to access my hospital's electronic medical record remotely from my Chromebook, and had to rely on my PC. But a few months ago, it started to support the Citrix Receiver Chrome extension, and now I can do all of my charting from my Chromebook. So at some point, that Maprika program might become compatible with Chrome OS!

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Interesting app. What do you use it for. I am a mapping app nut bar! I have about 10 loaded on my tablet now.

I have been loving my surface 3 at this point. It's an awesome piece of hardware.

I'm into metal detecting so I use it to overlay old maps onto current day google or bing maps. It is an amazing program. What apps/programs do you have?

Steve Adams

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
backcountry nav, oryx, garmin, maps pro on my windows surface 3, and a bunch of other ones I use for navigation the back country in my Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty