GEForce Now Chromebook Perk!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you’re a gamer (or just want to check out cloud gaming now that Stadia is dead), check your Chromebook Perks now: https://www.google.com/chromebook/perks/. You can get 3 months of GEForce Now Priority membership free (after which it’ll charge you $10/mo, so make sure to set a reminder to cancel beforehand if you’re not interested in continuing). What surprised me is that these perks are usually only valid for first-time users – I’ve had a GEForce Now account for a while (initially paid a discounted promo fee, then let that lapse but kept the free account), and it still worked!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
GeForce Now was a pretty good platform as I recall. The only thing that wasn't so good when I had it was the limited selection at the time. But I'll be fair...I think that was back in 2015?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was playing around with it more -- it's nice to be able to access my Steam and Epic libraries, but what I'm being reminded of now is that the UI is still pretty lousy. It's tricky to find the games in the GEForce Now library that I own in Steam and Epic -- essentially have to look them up manually and then add them to the library (it's not automatic). And from what I can tell, I think I can only have 40 games at a time in my library. Say what you will about Stadia, but the UI was pretty good compared to this.