What would you change about Cyanogen?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Cyanogen is one of the most widely used custom ROMs available. What changes would you like to see? Specific features? Removal of some? What should stay? Sound off below.

As for me, I think I would like to see more options for say weekly and monthly versions. Basically, like bringing back the more stable versions of the OS.

I have seen other ROMs incorporate the notification peek, like the Active Notifications in the Moto X, but I also understand that in a device that is not AMOLED, this can be counterproductive for the battery. A gesture to wake in the ROM is always nice, this way it's system embedded, and you aren't depending on a launcher to utilize it.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you for this thread, funny enough I didn't realize this forum exists.

1. I would love to see support for lockscreen wallpapers again (not sure maybe it was explained somewhere before, apologies if so).

2. I agree the weekly or monthly builds would be nice as this gives us more informed choice.

3. The other issue is the clarity in terms of device names on the Download section. Yes when you hover over the code some of them show the name of the device but others don't. It can make it difficult to find what you're looking for.

Otherwise generally I'm extremely happy and grateful these developers are doing what they do. My phone runs better than Samsung intended, lol. I'm on CM12.1

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there taife32, thanks for your feedback!

1. I believe this was fixed in the latest nightly builds. If you are running the latest nightly and seeing this issue, please let me know.

2. There are serious talks happening to move our cycle to a quarterly scheduled rather than monthly. There is nothing set in stone with this right now, but you can read my comments on this on our forums here: Cm-12.0-Snapshots For All Devices Following 2015-6-25 Announcement? Jenkins Queue Is Empty. - The Lounge - CyanogenMod Forum

3. I can understand this a bit. CM has traditionally always used the codename (or model number if no codename exists) to talk about supported devices. The reason for this is the habit of carriers to change device names for marketing reasons, a habit that can confuse even further. The codename process allows us to keep track of devices in an easier fashion outside of carrier name changes.

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogen needs official device adoptions, like Windows is done for a few select Android devices, addition of such devices will breathe continuing life and new subscribers that do not want the cyanogenmod nightlies and rooting hassles

Posted via the Android Central App

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure I quite get it however...this is your fourth post on the forums that you aren't crazy about CM. Can you give us specifics about the UI? For the most part we try to stick to the current style from stock Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87