What storage size did you buy? Is 128GB enough?

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
After cracking my Pixel 7 Pro yesterday, I went out and bought an 8 Pro earlier today. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm seriously wondering if 128GB is gonna last me for a few years.

It was more than enough on my 2XL, but I was already at 40% within a year with the 7 Pro, but I think a good amount of it was photos and videos from my cloud being downloaded to my phone some reason. Now obviously vs 2XL, the main difference in quality is that its 4k, which will take up much more space.

So what storage did you buy? If I stick with 128GB, I'm gonna have to delete stuff. I'm not to heavy on games, but I do have a fair amount of apps and take photos/videos like anyone else. I know cloud $ is an option, but perhaps that extra storage would be cheaper. I just don't know if I can wait an additional 2 days for a 256GB version. lol

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I would be fine with 128, but my last 2 phones I picked up on Black Friday sales, and they were out of the 128's, so since they were already cheap(er) lol, I figured why not pay the 50 bucks extra to get the 256?

It's encouraged me to take more pictures and video.. I think that's a good thing 😜

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
My last phone was 128GB but I also had an SD slot. The internal memory was definitely near capacity so I opted for the 256GB with the P8P. I like to keep my photos on the phone too.

Reactions: sselemanrm

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I was at 128GB on my S21 Ultra. Decided to go with 256GB on this one. I store my photos on the cloud in OneDrive, so that helps. With this phone, I'm going to be taking more photos as I'm trying out most of the onboard editing features and figured why not increase the storage?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just took advantage of the $200 off Black Friday sale and got the 256. I only store music and recent photos, and then use Google Photos for older stuff. I had 128 on my Pixel 4 XL, but it was annoying to have to keep deleting stuff. I've been using a Samsung S22+ and currently have 155 of 256. It's been plenty!

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback so far. Oh man I jumped through a lot of hoops. I ended up buying two 128GB Google 8 Pixel Pro phones and returning them.. I I noticed the black Friday deal and I was trying to get the 256GB one from Amazon, but they were selling so fast. I ended up getting a 512GB delivered to me yesterday.

256GB would have been perfect for me and the best price point per GB ratio, but I couldn't wait an extra week. 512GB does give me an ease of mind. also got the 100GB cloud subscription plan also