Stuck in boot loop after flashing

marcg23

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys need some help,
I have been trying to flash the new liberty 2.0 rom to a buddies droid 2. Everything went according to plan, however after rooting, and getting into recovery and flashing the rom I'm in boot loop at the M Motorola logo. I've tried everything, loaded the sbf, and re rooted. Used Boostrap, rom manager and every other way I know. Any suggestions? Please help!

marcg23

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am able to get back into it using RSD lite and sbf however i want to be able to flash the rom and i keep getting stuck in the same spot. After getting back into it using the sbf file should i OTA gingerbread and then root and try after that?

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
What does Liberty 2.0 recommend? When I did CM7 you had to do be on Gingerbread 2.3.20 to flash it for it to work. If you had flashed with 2.3.30 on CM7 then you would get stuck in a bootloop. CM7 is the only rom I've flashed so I don't have specific knowledge on the Liberty rom.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I was curious so I looked it up...

*WILL NOT FLASH OVER GINGERBREAD. YOU HAVE TO SBF BACK TO 2.3.340.

so, no, don't OTA to Gingerbread. Did you originally try and flash it over Gingerbread? Maybe that is why you got stuck in a bootloop

marcg23

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I originally went to sbf 2.3.20 and thats how i got stuck in the loop. i have done that about 10 times now to get out of the boot loop. i am going to try 2.3.340 and see if that does any better