Awesome Costco deal!!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the extra battery dock allows you to plug in the battery and your phone connects to a mini-usb dongle that pulls out on the side. VERY clever. Going to be awesome for traveling.

reishus

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Picked one up today 10 minutes before they were supposed to open. By the time they were officially opened, they sold out of the 6 they had. Glad I got there early.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sold out at Folsom, CA Costco within the first 5 minutes. They only received 6 like the other stores. I was actually #6 in line then #4 as the first guy was only eligible for his upgrade at a Verizon corporate store and the second guy was past due on his account. The two guys behind me were happy.

It was a night and day difference in speed, call quality and gps over the charge I returned. Not sure about the bluetooth yet.

a4udi98

May 6, 2011
Visit site
For all those wondering about the extra battery dock and phone dock here are some pics.

The extra battery dock is quite nice and also allows you to simultaneously charge you phone. The micro usb cable that is attached to it stores nicely, extends to about an inch, and you can lock it in place so the phone is lined up with the side of the dock when plugged in.

The desktop charger dock doesn't come with USB ports or HDMI out. bummer

omegabob

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

After getting a Costco membership for this deal, then scouting out my local Costco (King of Prussia PA) yesterday then getting to the store , today, at 11am (bc of being stuck in 3 hours of traffic bc of a huge rain storm in the Philly area), I just missed getting the last one (6 total were shipped to the store). Had my name added to a waiting list -they said more were due in on Saturday.

I decided enough was enough, so I checked Costco.com and they are offering the same deal ($279 + bundle), except, like in-store, it's through Wireless Advocates so... no membership is required (I do not think I was logged in under my Costco acc # as I had to create a new account for Wireless Advocates). Placed my order and it should be here early next week. YAY! No more waiting in lines nonsense for me!

Now, I'm off to cancel my Costco membership (refund!)

Here's the link to the Bionic:
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/shop/do/PhoneDetails/productId/4751

Last edited:

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

After getting a Costco membership for this deal, then scouting out my local Costco (King of Prussia PA) yesterday then getting to the store , today, at 11am (bc of being stuck in 3 hours of traffic bc of a huge rain storm in the Philly area), I just missed getting the last one (6 total were shipped to the store). Had my name added to a waiting list -they said more were due in on Saturday.

I decided enough was enough, so I checked Costco.com and they are offering the same deal ($279 + bundle), except, like in-store, it's through Wireless Advocates so... no membership is required (I do not think I was logged in under my Costco acc # as I had to create a new account for Wireless Advocates). Placed my order and it should be here early next week. YAY! No more waiting in lines nonsense for me!

Now, I'm off to cancel my Costco membership (refund!)

Here's the link to the Bionic:
DROID BIONIC by MOTOROLA by Verizon Wireless - Mobile phone cellphone wireless phones

I checked this out and it looks like the accessories just include the car charger, case, and screen protectors-not the docks and extra battery like the bundle in store. Also, it did not give an option to keep current data plan but rather only gives tiered data plan choices.

KTamez

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The beauty of living in a small market. Got mine at about 12:30 at Costco, as advertised. First activation at this store lol. They didn't GET them till today at about 11:30, and they called me (left my card yesterday).

omegabob

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hiya!

I swear I saw the same bundle included in my order. Since it appears to be out of stock now :(, I cannot verify.

As for the data plans, I had no issues. Upgraded from an OG Droid, unlimited data, etc - I was confused by that as well but after a few attempts, I realized NOT to click on any data plan in order to use my current plan.

EDIT: I'll contact cust support to see if the in-store bundle is included or not.

Reactions: epdean

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Got to Costco at 10 left at 1. Phones came in at noon and I grabbed the bundle. They only got 3 in, other six are coming later today. This is for the Costco in Cypress, CA. I had my 10mo daughter and I went to get myself a hotdog outside, the Verizon lady came out and found me caring the bundle yelling "We got it they just came in!!" AWESOME customer service!!

All Moto accessories BTW. $303 after tax!!

Now the baby is sleeping and Daddy is playing with his new toy.

omegabob

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just called customer service. Sounded like they have gotten alot of calls about the phone already because he answered my question before I was finished answering it.

YES - online orders will receive the navigation dock, standard dock, extra battery & charger plus the standard kit they give out: screen protector, etc.

I'm happy now! (will be in BLISS when I actually have my phone though as my OG Droid is on its last legs)

Reactions: epdean

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Inglewood, CA one at 10:30am. They told me they were still waiting for the shipment to arrive:eek: The shipment of 5 units arrived around noon, and I grab the first one. While the lady was processing mine there 3 more people waiting to buy the Bionic.

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
As for the data plans, I had no issues. Upgraded from an OG Droid, unlimited data, etc - I was confused by that as well but after a few attempts, I realized NOT to click on any data plan in order to use my current plan.

I am in the process of trying to complete an order for this online. I got mine in the store today but am ordering for a friend. It automatically selected a data plan and now I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't want to screw it up and lose my friend's unlimited data :/ I wonder if customer service would be able to fix this immediately if it happens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87