Would people be happier once the Bionic is overclocked?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the people who say they will wait for the Vigor or Prime claim they do not want a Bionic because "it's the best of the last generation, instead of the first of the next generation". Why is this though?

The only gaping difference really is the speed of the processor.

So after all of that.... if/when the Bionic is overclocked to 1.2 - 1.5 GHz, would that put it on a more level playing field with the Vigor and Prime? Would that end all complaints?

Okay, so I haven't kept up with the Vigor for the last 3 weeks or so. Can anybody tell me if there is verifiable proof of what SoC will be inside the Vigor? A benchmark somewhere?

I ask because, for all we know, the Vigor's processor could simply be a binned Qualcomm 8x60 which is clocked at 1.5GHz. That essentially means it's the same generation processor in phones released with Qualcomm SoCs earlier this year, but clocked higher.

It's already been established that, clock-for-clock, the OMAP4 architecture is faster, which is why Qualcomm had to clock their processors at 1.2GHz in the earlier released phones. If they are doing the same for the Vigor, I find it funny that people would claim the Bionic is "the best of last generation" and think the Vigor is some new generation.

Anybody have solid info on this?

Brandon

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I haven't kept up with the Vigor for the last 3 weeks or so. Can anybody tell me if there is verifiable proof of what SoC will be inside the Vigor? A benchmark somewhere?

I ask because, for all we know, the Vigor's processor could simply be a binned Qualcomm 8x60 which is clocked at 1.5GHz. That essentially means it's the same generation processor in phones released with Qualcomm SoCs earlier this year, but clocked higher.

It's already been established that, clock-for-clock, the OMAP4 architecture is faster, which is why Qualcomm had to clock their processors at 1.2GHz in the earlier released phones. If they are doing the same for the Vigor, I find it funny that people would claim the Bionic is "the best of last generation" and think the Vigor is some new generation.

Brandon

I personally believe it is a MSM8x60. The reason for this is because they all share the same GPU. Myself and a few other people have been saying the same thing about the Vigor. To me, it seems like a Sensation rehash, and if the new "upgraded" Sensation rumors are true, it's exactly that.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Who said we aren't happy? There are always people who are going to hate. Ignore them.

Im sure the Bionic will make me happy.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the opinion that going from an OG Droid to a Bionic will be a....hmm, "significant increase in performance." ;)

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Brandon

Yes, there is a benchmark out there showing it has the old gpu i it making it pretty certain to have the same soc as the sensation, just binned. It's still going to be A8 based which is pretty rediculous I don't see why you would buy a phone this season still running on the a8 along with the resolution this phone will have, it will probably be the slowest of all the dual core phones out.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is a benchmark out there showing it has the old gpu i it making it pretty certain to have the same soc as the sensation, just binned. It's still going to be A8 based which is pretty rediculous I don't see why you would buy a phone this season still running on the a8 along with the resolution this phone will have, it will probably be the slowest of all the dual core phones out.

Yeah, but I've got blorked on my flydiidle by the z25 and my big doodle a934-003, so by winter time my conflogs should be arkiing the wiz way better than a 88.

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I, like you hate seeing all the complainers saying the Bionic is old tech, last years specs, etc. Last year we didn't have any dual core phones, nor did we have one combined with LTE. I see things the same way you do, that the Vigor and Prime are not going to be major upgrades over the Bionic. Sure they are clocked higher, but with HD screens performance will probably be about the same as the Bionic anyway due to having to push more pixels. Isn't the Retina Display of the iPhone at a resolution of 960x540 the limit of what the eye can see anyways? So the Bionic's resolution of 960x540 should be the same. HD on a 4-5" screen isn't going to be a big deal I think because you wouldn't notice it anyways. The same thing goes for TV screens where 1080p is useless unless it's on a screen that's 50+ inches. People love to hate on this phone and I really don't get why.

actually

as tv screen size goes bigger so does the pixel size.........

basicallyu not gaining and picture improvement

cause big tv are useless at homes.... people sit nearer... and watch ... obviously they will notice pixels and will complaint

i have a brother who two years back got the samsung 1080p hdtv for xbox

he sites just a arms length away to play games and now complaints image isnt refined even on full hd moviez ARGH!!!!!

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
actually

as tv screen size goes bigger so does the pixel size.........

basicallyu not gaining and picture improvement

cause big tv are useless at homes.... people sit nearer... and watch ... obviously they will notice pixels and will complaint

i have a brother who two years back got the samsung 1080p hdtv for xbox

he sites just a arms length away to play games and now complaints image isnt refined even on full hd moviez ARGH!!!!!

Correct! There's a optimal seating distance for each tv and screen size. If you have a tiny room filling it up with a giant tv is actually defeating the purpose of buying an hdtv. Or any tv for that matter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I love my Droid, but, compared to the Xoom I can definitely see its age. Plus over the past 2 months it's developed an issue with charging in the car which is bad for GPS nav. (No, I'm not going to mount the Xoom to the windshield! :D) I've truly been ready for the Bionic since December of last year when the rumors started coming out about it. (Or maybe even November....I don't even remember now when we first heard the rumors of the miracle phone.) Nonetheless, I'm super psyched.

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Nothing will ever end the complaining. Ever. It could release with a 3 Ghz quad core. USB 5.0, Full HD, neural interface, 5 month battery life, 12G connectivity with speeds of 5 GB/s, preloaded with the option of Blur, vanilla android, or any custom ROM you want, and only cost $1.50 and people would still find something to complain about.
Is is also solar powered? and can it recharge the batteries in my Sonata hybrid? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89