Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default voicemail password won't work

    Has anyone had any luck getting the Verizon voice-mail to work without entering the PIN manually?
    I have tried the *86 with and without pauses, my number with and without pauses, both with and without the # sign, and I can't get anything to work.
    Ideas? thanks
  2. #2  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfur View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting the Verizon voice-mail to work without entering the PIN manually?
    I have tried the *86 with and without pauses, my number with and without pauses, both with and without the # sign, and I can't get anything to work.
    Ideas? thanks
    When you are calling your voicemail, are you using your actual phone number, or are you using a Google Voice number?

    With your password, are the pauses showing up as "P" or ", "?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    When you are calling your voicemail, are you using your actual phone number, or are you using a Google Voice number?

    With your password, are the pauses showing up as "P" or ", "?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    I've used the verizon *86 and my phone number. neither works. I don't see a google voicemail option in the settings screen. There is a PAUSE key that leaves a comma. I've used that key, and also tried just typing the comma.
  4. #4  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfur View Post
    I've used the verizon *86 and my phone number. neither works. I don't see a google voicemail option in the settings screen. There is a PAUSE key that leaves a comma. I've used that key, and also tried just typing the comma.
    It's been a while since I have used Verizon voicemail. But, aren't you able to set up the password storage directly in the voicemail system itself?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    It's been a while since I have used Verizon voicemail. But, aren't you able to set up the password storage directly in the voicemail system itself?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    no, it will let me change the password in the system, but not store it
  6. #6  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfur View Post
    no, it will let me change the password in the system, but not store it
    Hmmm, sorry I can't help more. Maybe Verizon can help with that part of the voicemail set up?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Hmmm, sorry I can't help more. Maybe Verizon can help with that part of the voicemail set up?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    thanks for trying
  8. #8  

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by tfur View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting the Verizon voice-mail to work without entering the PIN manually?
    I have tried the *86 with and without pauses, my number with and without pauses, both with and without the # sign, and I can't get anything to work.
    Ideas? thanks
    Have you tried storing the password in the phones settings? Here is what I did. From the home screen hit the "menu" button to access "settings" then "call settihgs" then "voicemail settings" enter *86,,,9999# where 9999 is your pin. then "OK". After doing this you will be able to automatically call voice mail from the voicemail in the notification in the notification drop down.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by wgroche View Post
    Have you tried storing the password in the phones settings? Here is what I did. From the home screen hit the "menu" button to access "settings" then "call settihgs" then "voicemail settings" enter *86,,,9999# where 9999 is your pin. then "OK". After doing this you will be able to automatically call voice mail from the voicemail in the notification in the notification drop down.
    OK, that DOES work, but I discovered it only works if I use the notification bar to access the voicemail. It doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut on the home screen. Thanks for your help
  10. #10  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfur View Post
    OK, that DOES work, but I discovered it only works if I use the notification bar to access the voicemail. It doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut on the home screen. Thanks for your help
    What about when you use the speed dial?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    tfur 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    What about when you use the speed dial?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    yes, the speed dial also works. I've only been trying the home screen icon until now, and that doesn't. Maybe I'll delete the shortcut and reinstall it now that I have the phone setting screen edited....
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    tfur's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: voicemail password won't work

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    What about when you use the speed dial?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    speed dial also works. I guess the Voice-mail "app" that is installed on the phone is the only thing that doesn't. I tried deleting the shortcut to that and re-installing it on my home page, and it still won't work. Guess that app gos in the trash now...

Posting Permissions

B