Screen scratches really easy

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I abused the crap out of my X and the screen never scratched.. But my bionic already has two small ones near the top edge (above the actual screen) no idea how they got there, I have babied it like nuts.

Not trolling just sharing my observation

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjotto316

wsbsteven

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I abused the cap out of my X and the screen never scratched.. But my bionic already has two small ones near the top edge (above the actual screen) no idea how they got there, I have babied it like nuts.

Not trolling just sharing my observation

So your screen didn't scratch per your own words.

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, technically it be rather difficult to scratch the screen being it's under the glass, but for simplicity sake I was using the word.

I dislike protectors, and Haven't needed one on other gorilla glass phones.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, technically it be rather difficult to scratch the screen being it's under the glass, but for simplicity sake I was using the word.

I dislike protectors, and Haven't needed one on other gorilla glass phones.

Gorilla glass scratches. I know. I have two scratches on my DX. Is it harder to scratch? Yup. Not impossible though. So be careful!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just use a protector and stop whining. You can't even notice its on there. And the couple bucks is worth it to keep the $300 screen looking brand new for life.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass scratches. I know. I have two scratches on my DX. Is it harder to scratch? Yup. Not impossible though. So be careful!

Good idea is to keep the phone either in a case or a pocket that doesn't have anything in it. I had no problems with my Chocolate's screen until I put stuff in that pocket and it looks like crap now.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox defender case solves the key scratch issue. Out of pocket where that nasty loose change hides and it has a built in screen cover.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Otterbox defender case solves the key scratch issue. Out of pocket where that nasty loose change hides and it has a built in screen cover.

My brother got that case for his phone. Yeah.. not liking it. In portrait mode the case is so damn tall/thick that you can barely use the left and right-most keys on the keyboard. Maybe I have fat hands... the rest of me is. haha I can see a case like that if you are going to be playing shuffleboard with your phone as the puck or something... but holy crap does it make the phone 'huge'.

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm just saying it doesn't appear to be as hard as the X glass. I dropped the x on asphalt multiple times, and year later the screen didn't have a mark. Two days with the bionic and something in my pocket managed a small scratch.

Again wasn't complaining, just king J observation... Don't be so defensive guys lol..

Nuar

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I for one want to thank you for posting this. I used a protector on my droidX and this is the first phone Ive owned with a touch screen where I wasnt planning on using a protector. The only two reasons why I decided not to was because of the gorilla glass and because SGP didnt make a protector for our phones just yet. As soon as they do, I will be ordering their Ultra Crystal thanks to your post! Thank you!

forsaken82

May 6, 2011
Visit site
i have always been a huge fan of otterbox cases... however i feel that this one was rushed. the phone rattles in the holster when walking or runninf and the opening for the charging port is to close to the port. i can deff see that the silicone outer will end up ripping there. i returned mine and go tthe extended battery and the shell/holster combo it is not as protected as the otter box but at least it is some kind of a case. im hoping someone comes out with a heavy duty case for the extended battery

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Chevy, Fat hands, eh? Yes the Defender IS thick but given that the phone is too big to fit in my pockets anyway I think it's worth it for my peace of mind when I am hiking where I encounter lots of things harder than Gorilla Glass.

Phone shufflebard! What a cool idea. Wonder if there is an app for that! :D

My brother got that case for his phone. Yeah.. not liking it. In portrait mode the case is so damn tall/thick that you can barely use the left and right-most keys on the keyboard. Maybe I have fat hands... the rest of me is. haha I can see a case like that if you are going to be playing shuffleboard with your phone as the puck or something... but holy crap does it make the phone 'huge'.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm just saying it doesn't appear to be as hard as the X glass. I dropped the x on asphalt multiple times, and year later the screen didn't have a mark. Two days with the bionic and something in my pocket managed a small scratch.

Again wasn't complaining, just king J observation... Don't be so defensive guys lol..

This is my EXACT experience also in going from a DX to the Bionic.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

You may have just scratched the oleophobic coating, which the X doesn't have.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You may have just scratched the oleophobic coating, which the X doesn't have.

Where did you see that the Bionic has an oleophobic coating? I have not seen that anywhere. If it does, it could make the screen more prone to scratching as it is basically plastic molecules bonded to the screen. The iPhones have this and have reported some problems with the coating.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have aways gone naked with my phones curve, tour, DX, Bionic. very careful to place in empty pocket face in. Dropped my X once and it landed face down on gravel hard enough to eject battery, no scratches. I haven't seen any one my Bionic but if there is any truth the screen or coating being softer I might reconsider.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I for one want to thank you for posting this. I used a protector on my droidX and this is the first phone Ive owned with a touch screen where I wasnt planning on using a protector. The only two reasons why I decided not to was because of the gorilla glass and because SGP didnt make a protector for our phones just yet. As soon as they do, I will be ordering their Ultra Crystal thanks to your post! Thank you!

Same here!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty