Bionic works with Ford Sync

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I got my Droid Bionic this weekend, and paired it with my 2010 Ford Fusion Sync system last night. This is the first phone I have found where SMS text messages work as advertised!

Upon receipt of a text message the Sync system notifies me of a text message, then offers to read it to me. It didn't do to bad converting text to speech. And then I was able to respond to the text message by choosing among a list of canned messages.

Making calls works as expected. The phone book transfers as expected, as well as call history. I didn't try streaming music audio, but I'm sure it would work too since it did work with my previous phone, a Droid Incredible.

Overall I am extremely happy! :D

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried working the phone with my '68 VW Beetle yet, (since it's not running at the moment) lol, but I'm wondering how well the bluetooth audio will be on there. Glad to see that this is working with a system that often doesn't work lol.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I use to have a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sync, and I miss it. But my new car makes up for the lack of sync. Mazdaspeed baby. :-D

Anyway, what I loved most about Sync was streaming music, and music beginning where it left off when I started the car up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

randyd8511

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I use to have a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sync, and I miss it. But my new car makes up for the lack of sync. Mazdaspeed baby. :-D

Anyway, what I loved most about Sync was streaming music, and music beginning where it left off when I started the car up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have the same car. Today I tried the blue tooth connection and it sounds great. Except for it stopping trice for one second each time repeating aprox every 2 minuits.... Anyone have any ideas? Sounds like the phone is checking someething, but going through the settings I can't figure out how to stop it...

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same car. Today I tried the blue tooth connection and it sounds great. Except for it stopping trice for one second each time repeating aprox every 2 minuits.... Anyone have any ideas? Sounds like the phone is checking someething, but going through the settings I can't figure out how to stop it...

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta with mine sync'd works great. I have noticed that audio "skip" issue with my old OG Droid. What cured it was to turn the wifi off when it was paired with the Sync.

Outside of that issue everything works great like the others have said, bluetooth streaming audio is just awesome, especially using the Pandora app link.

Gator411

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't Snyc my Verizon supported Bionic with my 2010 Ford Escape. Nothing works. Thinking about returning to Best Buy for another model/brand.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep mine works good with my 2010 Taurus. Bluetooth media sync and the USB media sync works pretty good and charges the battery.

JPurp

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2011 Edge Sport with My Ford Touch (aka Sync 2.0) and it is working for me also.

I use BT audio to connect to it. The basic Music app, Music beta and Spotify all work and I can use the seek button to change tracks. Pandora also works but the seek button doesn't do anything.

Most of the time I have my work phone connected through BT as a phone while the Bionic is connected as BT audio. I was surprised to see it paused my Bionic when a call came in on my work phone. I figured it would just change the audio input and keep playing.

I use Google Voice for all my messaging and Sync won't use that app. It only works with the built in messaging app.

-JP

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we have a 2010 AWD Edge Limited with factory navigation, and the Bionic works great with it. The Bluetooth audio is pretty cool too. You just change the input to the Bluetooth device, and play Pandora without wires.

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2010 F150 and so far works well with sync. I have noticed the audio "skip" issue but my wifi was on so I'll try again & turn off wifi. The ability to use SMS through the Sync is pretty cool as my EVO could not do that. One really annoying thing that I've noticed is that my stock Music player always starts every time I start the truck. I prefer to use Mix Zing as it creates playlist for you (yes, I'm too lazy to do it myself), but I cannot figure out how to get Mix Zing to start AND keep the stock player from starting. I've tried the "settings>applications>manage apps>Music>clear defaults" but is says "no defaults set". Also, I have "Enable Headset Controls" selected on Mix Zing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2010 F150 and so far works well with sync. I have noticed the audio "skip" issue but my wifi was on so I'll try again & turn off wifi. The ability to use SMS through the Sync is pretty cool as my EVO could not do that. One really annoying thing that I've noticed is that my stock Music player always starts every time I start the truck. I prefer to use Mix Zing as it creates playlist for you (yes, I'm too lazy to do it myself), but I cannot figure out how to get Mix Zing to start AND keep the stock player from starting. I've tried the "settings>applications>manage apps>Music>clear defaults" but is says "no defaults set". Also, I have "Enable Headset Controls" selected on Mix Zing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone know how to disable the stock music player from starting when connected to bluetooth. I've searched and cannot find a solution. Thanks in advance.

lawmangrant

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas on how to get the sync to read text messages?
I have a 2011 Ford Edge with MFT and a Verizon Bionic.

It syncs fine, uses the phone and streaming audio just great.

the phone book does not display images nor do the text messages work.

Any ideas?

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For those asking about how to stop the stock music player from starting automatically, I was able to do that through a SYNC setting. Can't remember where it was - I'll check when I get back to my truck.

I just bought a 2013 Explorer and it paired immediately with my Bionic and downloaded my phonebook. Phone works beautifully, Bluetooth streaming works well with stock music player, Pandora and spotify. I can skip forward, back and pause/play while streaming audio.

What doesn't work is text messaging. It also does not show contact pictures on phone calls. Also, when connected to the USB, it doesn't recognize it as a media player. I contacted tech support for SYNC - they told me they did not have any test data on the Bionic and recommended 8 remove the pairing from the phone and SYNC and 'reverse pair' - which is basically making my phone discoverable and driving the pairing through SYNC. I got excited, because my phone alerted me to confirm Bluetooth access to messaging... but still no text messaging through SYNC. Hoping an update to SYNC will solve this. My version of SYNC also doesn't have applink to allow more control over Pandora orSYNC Destinations... but I'm still pretty happy with it.

ServerTech

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For those asking about how to stop the stock music player from starting automatically, I was able to do that through a SYNC setting. Can't remember where it was - I'll check when I get back to my truck.

I just bought a 2013 Explorer and it paired immediately with my Bionic and downloaded my phonebook. Phone works beautifully, Bluetooth streaming works well with stock music player, Pandora and spotify. I can skip forward, back and pause/play while streaming audio.

What doesn't work is text messaging. It also does not show contact pictures on phone calls. Also, when connected to the USB, it doesn't recognize it as a media player. I contacted tech support for SYNC - they told me they did not have any test data on the Bionic and recommended 8 remove the pairing from the phone and SYNC and 'reverse pair' - which is basically making my phone discoverable and driving the pairing through SYNC. I got excited, because my phone alerted me to confirm Bluetooth access to messaging... but still no text messaging through SYNC. Hoping an update to SYNC will solve this. My version of SYNC also doesn't have applink to allow more control over Pandora orSYNC Destinations... but I'm still pretty happy with it.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus with MFT w/navigation, and the V3.0.2 update for MFT has fixed the text messaging feature, at least it has for me. Once I had upgraded MFT, I was able to finally get text alerts for a while, but then it had stopped. I performed a full system reset on MFT and then after that the messaging feature now works! I can now read and listen to texts. I haven't sent texts using MFT yet however.

You should update MFT if you haven't already done so.

ServerTech

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You should update MFT if you haven't already done so.

Actually, this is assuming that you have MFT to begin with! Ford SYNC is not the same and can be a stand alone feature which works with MFT, but it doesn't need MFT to operate. My apologies VBGlacier for possibly recommending an incorrect solution to your issue... :-[

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this is assuming that you have MFT to begin with! Ford SYNC is not the same and can be a stand alone feature which works with MFT, but it doesn't need MFT to operate. My apologies VBGlacier for possibly recommending an incorrect solution to your issue... :-[
Thanks for the suggestion. I do have MFT - but according to the SYNC website, I can't upgrade until they send me a new SD card for navigation. Thanks for the tip on the full reset - that's also how they had me remove the pairings from MFT