Error Log?

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there an error log that can be checked to see what is causing an app to force close or maybe what is causing the device to freeze up or restart? If not, does anyone know of any apps that can do this?

It would great to identify the cause of an error, especially if it is just an app conflict as opposed to an OS bug.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
About the best thing (and most annoying) is to delete your apps one at a time in reverse order as installed. One (or more) may be in conflict with either another app or the OS itself. If there's a conflict, you won't be able to change it other than to eliminate the offending app, if possible. And this type of conflict is not unusual. Rather, with the large number of Android devices and each with its own quirks. Market apps won't always be compatible with your device.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of...

However I know you've said before you have a number of problems with your device, and I have a hunch you're on the right track, and that many of the problems you and other users are reporting are due to app errors and conflicts. I know I've barely had any issues with my Bionic and a lot of the more knowledgeable users have avoided most major problems. Please don't take that part personally, I'd like to help you get to the bottom of it if I can and help make everyone's experiences more pleasant. That's what the forum is here for :)

While it might be tedious, it could very well help... so why not list out the apps you have downloaded to your phone and where you got them from (market, amazon app store, getjar, etc..). We can probably rule out very widely used things like facebook, twitter, etc, but list the games you've got, utility programs, news, whatever.. Maybe some of the more knowing folks will spot something that you shouldn't be using. And if other users who have a lot of problems will join in and do the same, then maybe we'll spot the "least common denominator" that's affecting a bunch of people. Couldn't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez