- 29 Posts
Bionic powers Slingbox to my car display
I wrote this for my BMW, but any car with a control is a candidate for putting a switcher on the display.
1. Before you begin, enable DVD in motion to prevent video lockout with car in motion.
dvdinmotion.com - How It Works
2. Install Slingbox Pro on your cable box at home. This will enable cable TV to your smartphone.
3. Install this Video/camera interface for 2009 and up BMW Vehicles with Gen 3 (CIC) iDrive controls. Compatible with 2009 and up BMW 3 series (E90) and 7 series (F01 / F02), the 2010 and up 5 series (F10), most 2010 and up X5/X6 vehicles and the 2011 X3. (Check for TV tuners for other cars.)
NAV-TV Corporation: 2009 BMW Multimedia Interface
4. See this on your phone...
5. Connect a video cable (requires a phone with HDMI out) I use Droid Bionic by Verizon...
And see this on your car's Control Panel