Argh - Advice on Exchanging (Tech Defect)?

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So... last night my headphone jack stopped working. I've tried multiple out cords, headphones, etc. Nothing seems to work. I've searched the forums (and read two relevant threads) and tried some fixes, but can't seem to come up with anything. The headphone still seems to fit into place properly.

At this point I'm pretty convinced it's a technical issue in the headphone jack and I have to exchange it for a new phone.

So my question is this - My phone is Forever Rooted and I have a custom ROM installed. I'm going to go back to stock obviously before I exchange it. The thought of having to re-root and re-install and re-download is BLAH, but whatever.

Any advice from people who have done this? I plan on heading into the VZW store tomorrow to handle this. Will I be recieiving a brand new phone or (I'm presuming) a refurbished one? Will I get it right then? I'm leaving town next weekend and need my phone for travelin purposes, so I have a very small window here in which to operate.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

chasstaf

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I called tech support and they sent me a phone next day. not sure about going into a store if they will hand one over or not. and the normal protocol is a refurb phone

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
verizon sends the phone, rather than replace them over the counter (unless it's within the return period)

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks. You guys saved me a trip to the store - I bought on release date so outside of return period. Sounds like I'll call.

Do I then send back my old phone after I receive the refurbed one?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if the SBF has been released leaked yet. If it has, just flash your phone back.

You will probably won't have a problem either way.

But!

** Caution to all who root **

When you root your phone, you technically void your warranty. So one of the most important things you MUST consider when rooting is, if something goes wrong, can I afford to pay for a new phone if I brick or damage my phone?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks. You guys saved me a trip to the store - I bought on release date so outside of return period. Sounds like I'll call.

Do I then send back my old phone after I receive the refurbed one?

you have 5 days to send it back. u will receive a return label with your replacement phone.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the SBF has been released leaked yet. If it has, just flash your phone back.

You will probably won't have a problem either way.

But!

** Caution to all who root **

When you root your phone, you technically void your warranty. So one of the most important things you MUST consider when rooting is, if something goes wrong, can I afford to pay for a new phone if I brick or damage my phone?

Yeah, definitely something to consider - I actually read the EULA's when I get them. :) Everything's backed up and I'm good to go in terms of getting my phone to standard. I can re-flash to stock and there's no issues in terms of showing it.

you have 5 days to send it back. u will receive a return label with your replacement phone.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch