Random Freeze/Battery Drain

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I installed the update two days ago, and unfortunately some issues still persist.

1. I lost data connection yesterday and had to switch to airplane mode to get it back. This morning, it took several minutes to establish a data connection after I rebooted.

2. My alarm clock app still randomly force closes while in the docking station. I can't even get up on time still.

3. A major issue that was happening before the upgrade and that is still happening...the phone will freeze up and the screen will become unresponsive. This requires me to do a three button restart. When the phone finishes rebooting, my battery charge is drastically lower. This happened today and went from 70% charge right down to 20%. When I look at my battery usage, the Android OS is at 45%.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with my first phone and most of them stopped after I got rid of two things: EX launcher, and that infernal verizon Backup Assistant. there actually is a way to stop it from running, without resorting to a reset/skipping logging in. One morning when I pulled the phone out of the dock, I got a task manager alert that the CPU was getting hit hard. it was stupid ass Backup Assistant. took me a while to find info on how to disable it, and I did.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
try Android Assistant to get a better idea of how much CPU is used by Android OS ("System"). Give it a few seconds to "calm down" when checking the percentage on the pie chart.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have EX Launcher. My Backup Assistant (what it actually backs up I still cannot figure out) is only set to do its stuff during late night hours, between 12 and 6 am.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have EX Launcher. My Backup Assistant (what it actually backs up I still cannot figure out) is only set to do its stuff during late night hours, between 12 and 6 am.

mine usually failed to back up, hence it would be stuck trying, constantly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo