Battery

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi to all,
concerned about my battery, I charge my ultra to 100% and as soon as I turn the screen on it discharges to 99%.
Approx. one hour later, with screen off the battery is down to 97%.
This doesn’t sound right to me. Is it something wrong with the battery? The diagnostics shows that the battery is working well, but I in all my years with Samsung products I have never experienced anything like this.
What do you think?

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
What are you getting on a full day's charge ? I'd check after a full day ..how long have you had the phone now ...

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My battery life doesn't seem so great as well. Definitely was getting better battery life from my S23 Ultra.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi to all,
concerned about my battery, I charge my ultra to 100% and as soon as I turn the screen on it discharges to 99%.
Approx. one hour later, with screen off the battery is down to 97%.
This doesn’t sound right to me. Is it something wrong with the battery? The diagnostics shows that the battery is working well, but I in all my years with Samsung products I have never experienced anything like this.
What do you think?
My Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 has done that exact same thing from day one... it doesn't seem to affect battery life at all though. And it hasn't changed or gotten worse in the last 3 years.

It also uses a surprising amount of battery when turned off for any length of time.. like a percent or 2 a day, which it's also done since new. I thought I might have a problem, but after some research I found a YouTube phone reviewer, among others, who had the exact same problem. If you never turn your phone off you'd never even notice, but I suspect something in the system is being "kept alive" even with the phone off.

I have had a couple other phones do that over the years, but it's been rare. I wouldn't worry about it personally, I think it's just a Samsung "quirk" 😉

Like I mentioned above, my battery life hasn't changed in 3 years (still rated excellent by the Samsung diagnostics 👍) so I doubt it's anything to worry about ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I wanted to add I set my phone up fresh... I didn't transfer anything over, I never do, I keep my phones lean and like to start from scratch with every new phone. I know, crazy right? 😄

Last edited:

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, like you, the overall performance doesn’t seem to be affected. I was mainly concerned about the battery unusual behavior and long term life expectancy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is considered normal , on my s24u I get 10 SOT with little over a day battery but I've seen this pattern for long time even on my other Androids, if you want to persevere battery life capacity go into device care they have settings for this under battery protection
8b548f870d1b857e882d4d57c571b78b.jpg

popcenator

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same battery concerns when I set S24 Ultra up the other day. I copied everything from my S22 Ultra initially, but decided to start fresh and just restore my texts and let the phone download all the apps. Battery seems much better the last couple days, significantly better than my S22U. I know you shouldn't have to start fresh, but I didn't have anything on my device I really needed that wasn't already backed up, and honestly it didn't take much longer to setup the second time that it did to copy everything via Smart Switch initially.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Best is to start New phone fresh
Iam getting 2 days battery life with 6 to 7 Sot
Love the S24 ultra
Flat display is awesome
Absolutely agree! Sure you can allow some type of backup to restore everything...and it might be just fine depending on what is coming back! I did it with the S24U and I am having zero issues! However, I do not have a ton of shovelware/games/junk apps to restore. I view my "phone" as a tool, a highly technical, computerized, communications device...not a toy.
I also am aware that when restoring from a backup of any kind strange things can/will happen from time-to-time that have NO solution except to do a factory reset! YMMV

Reactions: kevinpleasants

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
What I do after transferring data via Smart Switch, I boot into recovery mode and clear all cache. This in my opinion has helped get rid of old stuff specific to the previous phone.
How do you do that? I thought u could just go into settings and clear all the caches, does that not get aĺl of them?