Data Drop

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised tech support told you to dial 228. I've always heard that 228 would fry a 4g card and is only for use with 3g devices.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

*228 shouldn't work on a 4G device.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
All *228 will do is display this screen:
shot_000001a.png

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been experiencing this issue from the very first day I got my bionic. Which was the 1st day they were released, my normal 4G and 3G signals are always strong so it’s not like I am in a weakly covered area.

I have been through 4 replacement devices and new sim cards. Nothing is working. I too would like a knowledgeable Verizon employee to step up and say “Hey we are having network issues” or at least give me some kind of information other then “You are going to need to Factory reset you phone” Or “ We’ll have a replacement device to you shortly”

Obviously after 4 replacements and different sim cards…something else is going on. It would be nice if they would share that information with us.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been experiencing this issue from the very first day I got my bionic. Which was the 1st day they were released, my normal 4G and 3G signals are always strong so it?s not like I am in a weakly covered area.

I have been through 4 replacement devices and new sim cards. Nothing is working. I too would like a knowledgeable Verizon employee to step up and say ?Hey we are having network issues? or at least give me some kind of information other then ?You are going to need to Factory reset you phone? Or ? We?ll have a replacement device to you shortly?

Obviously after 4 replacements and different sim cards?something else is going on. It would be nice if they would share that information with us.

Call and complain one last time. Tell them you have lost faith that another Bionic can fix your problems. Ask them for a Rezound or a Galaxy Nexus and they should offer it to you no problem. Maybe you can get a Razr Maxx out of it if you're interested.

DacBerry

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just want to throw this out there as it may help some people.

I just got my Bionic last week. It was working fine on 3G. No LTE in my area. So I did a backup of apps and data from my old X with Backup Pro to the SD card. Swapped cards and restored all the data and the apps. Later in the day I realized my mms were not delivering and discovered 3G wasn't working. WiFi was, so I didn't figure it out right away.

Googling for "Bionic 3G not working" found many people with a similar issue. I even went to Verizon and got a new sim card, which didn't help. Rebooting, installing Open Signal... none of that worked.

What worked for me was doing a factory reset. Then not restoring the data or the apps from my Droid X backup, but manually installing them again from the market. Maybe one or the other would have worked. But it was time to clear out the thousands of old text messages anyway.

So maybe this will help someone. I think it was an app from my DX that wasn't originally installed on the Bionic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante