upgrade help 5.5.893 to 5.9.902 (need some .893 system/app files)

jrbless66614

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running 5.5.893 rooted. When I upgraded to .893, I didn't copy the list of files below to keep the .893 version and I have the previous versions (my mistake that I didn't realize at the time in December). This wasn't a problem until I went to install the .902 OTA update. I copied the backup files back to /system/app and it's telling me that I have the wrong version of GuidedTours.odex. I fully suspect this is not the only one that I have the wrong version of.

Can someone give me a zip containing the .893 versions of the following files (or just a big zip of the entire /system/app folder)? Thanks in advance!

ArcVideoEditorlite.apk
Blockbuster.apk
CitrixReceiver.apk
CityID.apk
com.mobitv.client.nfl2010.apk
FileManager.apk
FileManager.odex
FMRadioService.apk
FMRadioService.odex
gotomeeting.apk
GuidedTours.apk
GuidedTours.odex
IMPresence.apk
IMPresence.odex
Kindle.apk
slackerradio.apk
VCAST_Tones.apk
VCASTMusic.apk
VCASTVideo.apk
VideoSurf.apk
Vvm.apk
Vvm.odex
vzw_vnav_DROIDBIONIC_rel_PROD_Signed.apk

Jamess

jrbless66614

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: upgrade help 5.5.893 to 5.9.902 (need some .893 system/app fi

I've downloaded the fxz for 893, but how can I extract the files to the desktop so I can copy them to the phone? I don't want to apply the whole thing because it'll clear all of my application data.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but I know others have commented out the line in the XML that wipes the internal SD.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

jrbless66614

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: upgrade help 5.5.893 to 5.9.902 (need some .893 system/app fi

I got it taken care of. Here is the process that I used:

1. Download the 5.5.893 fzx file (about 655MB)
2. Unzip it and get the "system.img" file out
3. On a linux box, mount the image file and copy all the contents of system/app to where you can get to them.
4. Copy the system/app files that you need to a folder on the SD card on the phone.
5. Using whatever file explorer on the phone that has root access, copy everything from the temp folder on the SD card over to the real /system/app folder.
6. Install the update (I had to download it again).

After this, everything is working fine. I cleared out my old backups folder and moved the new .902 versions of the files there so when the next update happens I don't have this problem.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty