Droid 3: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted

alvin_a_garcia

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The lists ("Do Not Remove", "Verizon Applications", etc.) in the original post appear to be blank. However, if I "REPLY WITH QUOTE", I can see the APK filenames. I've observed this both with Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm aware of this and will fix it. vB4 doesn't have a bbcode that we used in vB3. All data that utilized this code was lost after the upgrade. I still have a backup of vB3 and just need some time to transfer it over. Probably around lunch time PDT today.

Mike Precourt

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Under the lists, I'm not seeing anything. It says "Do not Remove:" and then there's nothing after it. Same for the other lists. Also, is using an app like Gemini App Manager safe and does it do the same thing in the processes listed in this thread? I just got a droid 3, am relatively ignorant when it comes to all this stuff, and I would like to just clean up my phone a little bit. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, just want to free up some ram and clean up the app section a little bit. Any up to date help?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Under the lists, I'm not seeing anything. It says "Do not Remove:" and then there's nothing after it. Same for the other lists. Also, is using an app like Gemini App Manager safe and does it do the same thing in the processes listed in this thread? I just got a droid 3, am relatively ignorant when it comes to all this stuff, and I would like to just clean up my phone a little bit. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, just want to free up some ram and clean up the app section a little bit. Any up to date help?

This was never cleared up (see Cory Streater's post a few above yours).

Pete Souza prepared a script to debloat for an older version of the firmware, but it still works if you run it. It's here: [Script] Safe bloat removal script (50+ apps) [UPDATED 9/1/2011] - xda-developers

This takes care of almost everything. Just run it before you update any built-in apps on the Play Store. (If you already updated them, then go into them individually and ninstall updates, for things like Zumocast, Verizon Videos, etc.)

Jaben Highley

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this process, but as for specifics: Error? You have sections for lists of bloatware apps, but there is nothing displayed within the sections; blank. :/

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I took the time to register and still cannot see the lists!
safe to remove .apk(s)
AdService.apk, android-syncservice-app.apk, ArcVideoEditorLite.apk, BackupAssistanceClient.apk, Blockbuster.apk, BlurHome2.apk, BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk, BlurTasks.apk, BlurUpdater_VZW.apk, BooksPhone.apk, CitrixReceiver.apk, CityID.apk, Conversations.apk, DLNA.apk, DlnaSystemService.apk, FriendFeed.apk, gotomeeting-stub-1.0.74.apk, GuidedTours.apk, HelpCenter.apk, IMPresence.apk, IndexingService.apk, Kindle.apk, MessagesWidget.apk, Messaging.apk, MOTOPRINT.apk, MSExchangeService.apk, MyVerizon.apk, NewBayVault_4.2.99.36.Market.apk, NFLMobile.apk, OnlineAlbum.apk, PhotoEditor.apk, PortalStandAlone.apk, Preloaded.apk, RichLocationVzW.apk, SkypeBourbon.apk, Slackerradio.apk, SocialMessaging.apk, SocialShare.apk, StatusWidget.apk, SuggestionsProvider.apk, SuggestionsRuleCheckerCore.apk, SuggestionsServiceScheduler.apk, Swype.apk, ToggleWidgets.apk, UniversalInbox.apk, Upgrader.apk, VCAST_TONES_4_5_7.apk, VCASTMusic.apk, VCASTVideo.apk, VSuiteApp.apk, vzw_vnav_DROID3_rel_PROD_signed.apk, VZWIM.apk, VZWInstaller.apk, WeatherWidget.apk, ZumoCast_1.0.17.apk